vmen84

where have all the horses gone

WheelHorseNut
On 7/12/2016 at 5:22 PM, vmen84 said:

I'm looking at a b 80 with the  snow blade chains  rear and front lights 36 inch deck in good shape8 hp elec start its a 74 good paint

I just got a 75 B80 a few weeks ago, for a great price,  with a snow blower, deck and chains.   Great little tractor!  I think that's a great starting point.  Mine didn't have any options (no cigarette lighter, hour gauge, lights, etc -- it's a stripper model but it's just going to be a work tractor for now.

Good luck with your search!  They're out there -- I have watched some stuff out there on various sites getting their price dropped after a few weeks and then I go check them out.  I missed a $300 then slashed to $150 Work Horse with deck, chains and plow... was mad about that -- couldn't go get it as I had family stuff going on that week... but they come around.  Just need a little patience...

• Like 2

T-Mo
5 hours ago, slammer302 said:

WH's are very common in MO. Theirs always a handful on CL most are over priced is the problem. I scored a 417-A and 3000w WH gen and a parts mower and few decks, tiller,kt17 yesterday 

They're not as common here in eastern Missouri, and when you do find one, they bring more money than I think they should.  For instance, a worn out 520-H for $1900.  A mis-matched 953 for $1500, etc.  The cheap ones are too far gone for my taste and skill level (plus time).

c-series don

I waited for years to find a good unmolested C-161 Automatic in good original condition. So if you have a particular model in mind, like many have said patience is the key. Even if you don't have a particular model in mind, you've waited this long in life for one so wait for a GOOD one to come along and you will be glad you did!! Good luck and when you do find one, WE WILL WANT PICS!!!!!! 

TDF5G

They are out there.  I see 'em on CL and occasionally on eBay.  I ran across one at a yard sale a couple of years ago too.  Each one I've found has mower deck with it.  I bought an entire tractor to get the 36" deck a couple of years ago also.

:WRS: and good luck with your search.  You have to be persistent and ready to spring into action with the cash when you find one!

• Like 1

vmen84

I have no idea what Ive gotten myself into there things are like unicorns just saying ha