briankd

what's it worth ?

953 nut

$ 400 for a complete running 12 HP is a no brainer, go for it.   :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Bigfish

If you like it buy it. Play the "would you take" game. If hes got alot of paying business coming through his shop he may not want to take the time to deal with it.

• Like 1

briankd

yea Richard that is what I think but have to wait on him to get it running he is swamped with work now. I already told him im interested. thought  he might had sold it as is cheaper than 400 but he won't do it.  

DennisThornton

I'm with Richard.  Those rear tires might push me to $450.  Odd thing is I'd rather have it than anything new that Lowes has!  Meaning it's actually worth far more than it's usual market value but some folks are really hung up on clean and new paint!

• Like 3

briankd

you got that right dennis . I've never owned a new mower old ones much easier to work on and last a lot longer. they mow grass just as good as them new shiny ones do!! father inlaw bought one of them deere  lawn tractor new from a dealer 15 yr. ago it the biggest POS I ever seen will NEVER last as long as old ones.

chip61

My father in law bought a Cub Cadet 20hp about 8 years ago, and my neighbor has a Kubota lawn tractor that is probably about the same age. They are both decent machines, but break way more often than my old Horses and they don't cut as much grass as I do with mine. (Cub Cadet actually serves as a backup for my neighbors when their machines are down)

The horses are also way cheaper and easier to work on.

• Like 1

rustyedge1

It would part out for more than 400.00 !! Snooze ya loose !!