gawald

Deere Horse Steering Wheel

gawald

After looking for some time for a steering wheel for my C141, I could not find one at an acceptable price.  Steering wheels that cost almost as much as the entire tractor had damage and were poor cosmetically.   So, looking at my John Deere 200 series tractors I noted that the steering wheels were very similar and that started me thinking.  My C141 has a 3/4" diameter steering shaft with a 1/4" roll pin,  I looked on eBay and found a Deere steering wheel in nice condition with 3/4" hole and 1/4" cross hole for $25 including shipping.  It fits perfectly on my Horse and is made by the same company as the broken original.   The wheel diameter is the same and the height differs by 1/2".   Both are 3 spoke but the mold differs between the Deere and WH.   Guys, don't stone me for owning Deeres.  Where I live Deere garden tractors are common but not WH.  Had to drive 200 miles to buy the WH but am happy I did.  If you are having difficulty finding a WH part, consider whether parts from another brand tractor will fit.  Steering wheels, seats, wheels, engines, etc. may fit your Horse.  I like to keep original equipment where possible, but this is not always economically feasible. I figure it is better to keep the Horse alive than insist on originality as my tractors are working models not show tractors.    Thanks to all for your contributions to this site.

• Like 9

tunahead72

I'd love to see a photo. :popcorn:

• Like 2

312Hydro

:text-yeahthat::text-goodpost::wwp: I think that finding a wheel  from another brand that fits is ok. It's your tractor so you do what you want! It's not yellow and green ,is it?:ychain:

• Like 3

KC9KAS

@gawald we will forgive you....this time! :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

elliot ness

If it fit, use it.:happy-jumpeveryone:

TDF5G

A pic would be great!

DELMAR.png

DougC

I would not have thought of another brand steering wheel even coming close to fitting a :wh:   Glad you saved a ton of money and got a nice replacement. :handgestures-thumbupright: