Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

C121 Going price in Pa, NY, De

boovuc

Looking for a C121 circa 1977 or 78. Without dings and with the paint in good shape and of course, a working hydrostatic drive, mowerdeck and Kohler up front, what's a good price for one?

noncritical

hi i am pretty new with wheel horses past summer i picked up i think its a c-160 in good shap mower deck is like new and a tiller for the back all in real good shape for 850.00 its my first horse not sure if i pad to much but i really like it since then i picked up a 310-8 i have been tinkering with had to rewire it and many other things were just neglected

boovuc

Thanks for the answer. I have owned a C-175 for the better part of 15 years and was toying with the idea of picking up a 2nd WH. I have several in our parts of PA and I was hoping for a hydro since mine is an 8 speed.

Teddy da Bear

:hide:

C-Series14

:D

Just for searching info, the C-121 was made from 1978-1979 so your C-121 Auto is a year newer than ya thought!!! I have several C-Series and they are the best in my book! :hide: Price is hard to say, seen them anywhere from a couple hundred in bad shape to well over a thousand in great shape. Really depends on what you are willing to pay and what shape they are in.

boovuc

I bought the tractor. Even his original book, the past two owners, had written down it was a 1977 C-121. (Along with phone numbers of old out-of-business small engine shops, model and serial numbers and spark plug compatability lists. Oh well. I do know it's a C-series auto 12 horse. It's a little dull in the paint and needs a decal kit but otherwise, it runs strong, isn't dinged up, has good rubber and I don't smell like a diesel mechanic after I'm on it awhile.

It's with my C-175 8-speed. They won't show up in a parade but I hope to use them a good long while!

Teddy da Bear

Pictures??? Pictures???

bitten

:D

P.J.

boovuc

I'll get a pic or two up in a couple daze!

TJ

boovuc

Hi Guys!

Sorry for not putting the pics up sooner. (Time Flies).

This is a 1979 C121 Auto I picked up for 600 bucks less than a mile off I-80 at the Lock Haven Exit. Came with a not complete mid-length plow but almost new rear ag tires a very good condition mower deck. (42 inch side discharge).

Runs strong. Needs paint and a decal kit. The modified light bar on the hood is actually a grid from a flouresent light that the previous owner bolted fast. I didn't even look at the reason why!

Boovuc

Attached Image

post-3-1230827541.jpg

boovuc

Here is the front view with the modified "light bar".

Attached Image

post-3-1230827635.jpg

TT

Lock Haven ????? :hide: Central PA ????? :D

Hello, neighbor! :hide:

Do you go to the NAMA show at Penns Cave? :omg:

Nice looking Horses you have there! :omg:

noncritical

yes very nice tractors im just north of scranton

illinilefttackle

:hide: Long.....way from PA. But I share your passion for the C-series-good find there-The guy probably put that bar on there trying to get more light-but a little TLC and fixing up. it will look like new again. I'm like you, my horse will not be in a parade , but it works like crazy around here. -AL

boovuc

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

TT......I often go "up" Route 150 past the Gliderport in your parts when heading into Altoona or Tyrone. To answer your question concerning NAMA at Penns cave, I went to a show in the fall up there some years ago but haven't gone to any recently. One of these daze I'm going to do a frame up restore on a WH and go to an event but I'd like to know when I'd have time. Of course I better knock on wood with the economy the way it is. Tis' better to be working than to have too much time to tinker!