Devron30

Wheel Horse C-100

daveoman1966

Unless u need to buy some soup and crackers for the kids, or momma needs a new pair of shoes,....keep the headlight lens.  They can be had for about $37 on Ebay and $37 won't get you a very good pair of shoes....maybe some sandals.  Besides, you'll probably need the lens for your next Wheelhorse (can't own just 1.)

• Like 6

Horse46

Keep the lights, it would be like removing the eye's, not nice.:-o

I have no lights but a light lens just so my :wh: has a face.:text-welcomewave: nice looking C series.

• Like 3

Pullstart
6 hours ago, daveoman1966 said:

Unless u need to buy some soup and crackers for the kids, or momma needs a new pair of shoes,....keep the headlight lens.  They can be had for about $37 on Ebay and $37 won't get you a very good pair of shoes....maybe some sandals.  Besides, you'll probably need the lens for your next Wheelhorse (can't own just 1.)

Someone on here said this last week about a $60 purchase (I think the new Lawn Ranger post?) something like that's a trip to Olive Garden for 2.  Other words, not worth selling off a worker.  Great machine you've got there @Devron30!  I've got a 77 or 78 C-101 that I've begun to use for all yard chores while I think about tearing my old 502 down for a resto-mod and am really liking the ability and reliability of the big block Kohler and the attacha-matic features of going from the mowing deck to the tiller in a matter of 20 minutes or so. 

• Like 2

TDF5G

I agree.  I'd leave the lights on your :wh:.  They came with the tractor and belong on it.  They look good too.  You'll need 'em one of these days nights also I'd wager!

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 2

Uncle Buck

Add another vote for keeping your machine as it is. Even a worker looks better as a complete machine.

• Like 4

ronhatch

I know this is going to go over like a lead balloon, BUT if you're "going to beat it up" and sell parts off of it, why not get a MTD or a old Crapsman and sell the WH to someone like T-MO that will keep it intact and maybe even restore it?  I'm sorry, but I like to see old stuff brought back to life and made as good or better then when it was new, not turned into scrap. :deadhorse:.

Edited by ronhatch
  • Like 1

Devron30
18 minutes ago, ronhatch said:

I know this is going to go over like a lead balloon, BUT if you're "going to beat it up" and sell parts off of it, why not get a MTD or a old Crapsman and sell the WH to someone like T-MO that will keep it intact and maybe even restore it?  I'm sorry, but I like to see old stuff brought back to life and made as good or better then when it was new, not turned into scrap. :deadhorse:.

Ha I hear what you're sayin but I bought this WH for the reputation the machine has for being work horse and wanted to buy something right the first time rather then buy the mtd, craftsman brands and have it break down after a year of work lol. 

Edited by Devron30
  • Like 1

T-Mo

Devron,

I also think you need to keep it intact.  You will regret selling things off of it.  If you want to sell the seat, I can buy you one, and you can sell it to me, but if I was you, I'll keep it.  You got a good tractor there and keeping it as complete and original as possible is pretty special, in my opinion.  It will last you a lifetime, and those old Kohlers are worth rebuilding if it ever comes to that.  I am bummed that I didn't get the tractor, but not at you nor at the seller.  You both did the right thing and it was my own schedule that made me missed buying it.  No one's to blame, but maybe myself.

I am looking at a tractor listed here in the classified section, but it's in Lexington, Kentucky.  A long haul for me, but if I do get it, it comes with a snow blade that I may not need.  So I could sell it to you, provided you want it and I do buy that package.  It's a big if since the distance is really holding me back.

• Like 2

Devron30

Hey guys, I'm trying to remove the rear hitch so I can install my sleeve hitch. Any idea on how you get the big pin out that holds rear hitch on? 

daveoman1966

If that pin is REALLY REALLY stuck....rusted to the trans case, you MAY have to drill it out.  The pin is relatively soft and drills easily with a good drill bit(s).  Cut it off flush with on each side, mark for center, then drill a 1/8 pilot hole, then open up to 1/4...1/2 etc progressively. (it'll probably break free with a 1/2 hole thru it. 

Don't hammer on it from either side...you'll flare-out the ends of it.  I have used a round-point punch is my pneumatic hammer with success, after soaking it for a couple days in some rust penetrant.  An acetylene torch to heat it up?...... dunno, never tried that.  

• Like 4

Devron30
On June 19, 2016 at 10:15 AM, daveoman1966 said:

If that pin is REALLY REALLY stuck....rusted to the trans case, you MAY have to drill it out.  The pin is relatively soft and drills easily with a good drill bit(s).  Cut it off flush with on each side, mark for center, then drill a 1/8 pilot hole, then open up to 1/4...1/2 etc progressively. (it'll probably break free with a 1/2 hole thru it. 

Don't hammer on it from either side...you'll flare-out the ends of it.  I have used a round-point punch is my pneumatic hammer with success, after soaking it for a couple days in some rust penetrant.  An acetylene torch to heat it up?...... dunno, never tried that.  

Any idea where I can find a new bolt for this once I get it out? Thanks. 

cleat

You can just go to TSC and get a 3/4" draw pin of the correct length.

Never seize or grease it up so it comes out next time.

• Like 3

Devron30
20 minutes ago, cleat said:

You can just go to TSC and get a 3/4" draw pin of the correct length.

Never seize or grease it up so it comes out next time.

Does it need to be a certain grade pin? Thanks 

Edited by Devron30

cleat

Those draw pins are made for large farm tractors. I don't think a Wheel horse would break even the cheapest one they sell.

• Like 2

Devron30

Thanks sir!!

roadapples

Are there "sirs" on here   :ychain:

daveoman1966

here is the TSC draw pin.....  under $10 bux.  (not the 2 red spacers though)

it is 3/4" dia....about 6" long, or whatever you need...they have different sizes.

pin 004.JPG

• Like 4

Devron30

Another question. How does this sleeve hitch hook up??? . I know where it hooks to the sleeve hitch itself, I just don't know how to attach the cable to the deck lever and attach all the cable pieces together. Mostly the red piece next to hitch. Thanks guys!! 

image.jpeg

bslms

I like the rear tires on your tractor. I have a 314-8 with the original turf tires and want to switch to Ag tires.  Would you post the size please?

Devron30

23x8.50-12