grinchsr

Correct Fuel Pump Relay ?????

grinchsr

I just bought this relay to install an electric pump and want to make sure I purchased the correct one.   Sorry for the dumb question but electricity is not my favorite subject.

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

squonk

Yes. Connect power to either 86 or 85. Connect ground to whichever terminal of those 2 are left. That is the relay coil. Connect a wire to 87 and run that to your fuel pump to supply pump power. Ground your remaining pump lead. When you apply power to the relay, the relay coil energizes and magnatizes, pulling the contact from 87a to 87 and sends power to the pump.

• Like 1

grinchsr

Thanks for the quick reply     Are you saying the wire at 87 goes direct to battery?

squonk

No, 87 goes directly to the power wire of the fuel pump. Actually I goofed somewhat. Connect 87 or 86 to power coming from the key switch and the remaining of those 2 to ground. Connect # 30 directly from the battery with a fuse installed in line. sorry I left that part out. When the key is turned on it will energize the coil which is the little box with the slash through it and the bent contact on #30 will pull in towards the coil and touch 87. That will send power from 87 out to the pump.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

grinchsr

Got it and again THANK YOU for your knowledge.

• Like 3