Sign in to follow this  
rondo

First measurable snow

rondo

We got about 10 inches and the B-100 absolutely loved it. Didn't get any "action" shots, cuz the wife wasn't about to go outside to take any video or even stills of me in the seat. So, I took a couple just to show the snow piles and the horse.

//1208thru1219059.jpg

1208thru1219055.jpg

I'm curious how it will handle a real heavy wet snow, but it didn't even flinch at this 10 plus inches.

Coadster32

I hear you. My wife was inside hiding.

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

I know it's not complete, but I'm happy to be using it. :hide:

kpinnc

Ahem...

(In my best "Cheech" voice)- "We don-need no stinking hood"

Looks like those tractors sure had fun!

Kevin

Teddy da Bear

Marriage is a 50/50 proposition.

If my wife would not assist me in one of my beloved endeavors....

(ergo taking pictures of me having fun)

I would pile 50% of that snow you got around her car! :D :hide:

perry

glad to hear the B-100 treating you well. :hide:

Buzz

Ahem...

(In my best "Cheech" voice)- "We don-need no stinking hood"

He got a stinking hood but it's yellow(????) and won't fit over the stinking gas tank.......... Did anyone notice that 1/2 the tractor is yellow?

You got some 'spaining to do.............. :hide:

Coadster32

He got a stinking hood but it's yellow(????) and won't fit over the stinking gas tank.......... Did anyone notice that 1/2 the tractor is yellow?

The other hood I have not in the pic. is restored to nicey,nicey. And yes, it red. I remember another thread about the yellow ones, when I scratched thru this yellow, I didn't see red paint. :hide: I lost traction a few times last night. Chains or weights if you had to choose?

Buzz

Chains or weights if you had to choose?

I use chains when plowing snow. My driveway is fairly flat and paved.

stevebo

I would suggest both. You can add weight without the actual wheel weights. If you have any old weight lifting weights laying around, just put a threaded rod through your hitch and pile up the weights. Good luck

Coadster32

I think some double likk chains are in my furure. I'll put the toolbox/fenders back on and put some weight in it. I'll start looking for some wheel weights also. I finally got my wife to take a few shots in action. It's not pretty, but really fun. I can't wait to get this one finished. :hide:

DSCF1106.jpg

DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1105.jpg

and a couple of short videos. Seat time! :horseplay:

http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp82/Co...rrent=Vid10.flv

http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp82/Co...rrent=Vid11.flv

sorekiwi

Chains or weights if you had to choose?

Red paint is definately heavier than Yellow! :hide:

I dont want to start the yearly debate but....

Ags with no chains work better than turfs with no chains. Chains dont work so well with Ag tires, because the chains sit down between the lugs, so cant do their job. Chains on turf tires seem to work well.

The alternative to wheel weights is to load your tires with liquid. In the old days they used calcium which is nasty stuff and will destroy your rims. You can use antifreeze, but thats still nasty and will poison the neighborhood pets if you spring a leak. RV antifreeze is slightly better. I use windshield washer fluid and got 7 gallons in each rear tire on my B-80. There is a commercial liquid made from Beet juice that is supposed to be good. http://www.rimguard.biz/

There is always a huge debate about this every year over at MTF: http://www.mytractorforum.com/

linen beige

My wife seems to follow me around when I get to use a tractor. But she's hoping to catch pics of what she calls "funny" moments, such as when I find the raised edge of a section of sidewalk hidden under the snow and the tractor stops but I don't. I'm not likely to post those.