wallfish

2016 WHCC Show Bike

AMC RULES

Looks really great in action John...  :handgestures-thumbsup:

better get ready for your LAGT interview. 

Wheel-N-It

I'm bringing my helmet John!!!

• Like 2

wallfish
On 6/19/2016 at 7:05 AM, AMC RULES said:

Looks really great in action John...  :handgestures-thumbsup:

better get ready for your LAGT interview. 

Thanks Craig!

I'd probably just point out Bob's D-Rod and then we'll see if there's any more room for a write up,  if she even comes back.

1 hour ago, Wheel-N-It said:

I'm bringing my helmet John!!!

If you think you need a helmet Van, you better wear a cup too! Dirt bike armor might be a good idea! Only testing so far has been putting around the driveway like the video.:lol:

• Like 2

JPWH

Van, please wait till I get there. I want to video that ride.

• Like 2

19richie66

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

wallfish
13 minutes ago, JPWH said:

I'll do the videos while you guys ride.

But you'll have to flip for who gets to steer! :ROTF:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Sounds like you're gonna need one of these. 

King and Queen vintage motorcycle seat

• Like 1

19richie66

Or one of these

image.jpeg

• Like 2

JPWH

Who said anything about anyone riding double? No flipping. :angry-nono:

• Like 2

wallfish
3 minutes ago, JPWH said:

Who said anything about anyone riding double? No flipping. :angry-nono:

But you might win Jay!

I'll bring a T-shirt for the coin flip winner!:ychain:

61uroBuy2AL._UX466_.jpg

• Like 4

Zeek

That is a darn cool ORIGINAL PIECE!! :auto-dirtbike:

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

I rode my Electra Glide to work today, but in my mind I was riding the Wheel Horse Bike. LOL LOL
I guess you guys can tell I'm getting excited about the Big Show. I enjoy it more and more each year I attend :)

13 hours ago, JPWH said:

Jay, remember to include some Born to be Wild music :)

• Like 5

wallfish

So those of you who took the bike for a ride at the show probably noticed the lack of power. It was probably better for cruising around there anyway with all the tractors and people.

Spent some time today checking things out and making some changes. That blue Kevlar drive belt which was slipping on the little 1 1/2 inch pulley was changed to a notched belt, made some adjustments to the torque converter and bypassed the governor. Quite the difference in power now! So if you thought it was a scary ride then, it's more fun now. More power and still difficult to steer with marginal brakes. It won't pop a wheelie (yet) but takes off pretty good. Not so sure I want to find the top end speed the way it is but will try and fix some things and maybe try by the end of the year. More mechanical leverage on the brake band should help the brakes. Front brakes might be a good idea too. Both tires need to be changed for higher speeds and a rounded edge front tire should help it steer better.

• Like 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ralphie , you are going to break your neck on that bike.

• Like 5

Wheel-N-It

John, I wish you would get the front tire situation taken care of first. I don't want you to get hurt on that thing. We don't heal as fast as we did when we were young bucks. 

• Like 5

wallfish
1 hour ago, Wheel-N-It said:

John, I wish you would get the front tire situation taken care of first. I don't want you to get hurt on that thing. We don't heal as fast as we did when we were young bucks. 

Ahhh, just because it can go fast doesn't mean you need to twist the throttle all the way and hold it WFO. Plus I think you rode it before the bearing in the steering was replaced. It was crazy hard to steer before that but manageable now. It's still weird with that square tire though. 

I'm on the look out for another plow frame to rebuild this one or build another and apply what I learned so far. Should ride much better after that happens.

• Like 4

19richie66

You need a name for it too........ Re-cycle !  How about a trike?

RE-CYCLE.jpg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 7

Wheel-N-It
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Ahhh, just because it can go fast doesn't mean you need to twist the throttle all the way and hold it WFO. Plus I think you rode it before the bearing in the steering was replaced. It was crazy hard to steer before that but manageable now. It's still weird with that square tire though. 

I'm on the look out for another plow frame to rebuild this one or build another and apply what I learned so far. Should ride much better after that happens.

John I have a plow and plow frame for a 701 Wheel Horse that I will be happy to donate if you know someone coming this way who will transport it back to Mass.

• Like 3

C-101plowerpower
On 17-7-2016 at 10:48 PM, wallfish said:

So those of you who took the bike for a ride at the show probably noticed the lack of power. It was probably better for cruising around there anyway with all the tractors and people.

Spent some time today checking things out and making some changes. That blue Kevlar drive belt which was slipping on the little 1 1/2 inch pulley was changed to a notched belt, made some adjustments to the torque converter and bypassed the governor. Quite the difference in power now! So if you thought it was a scary ride then, it's more fun now. More power and still difficult to steer with marginal brakes. It won't pop a wheelie (yet) but takes off pretty good. Not so sure I want to find the top end speed the way it is but will try and fix some things and maybe try by the end of the year. More mechanical leverage on the brake band should help the brakes. Front brakes might be a good idea too. Both tires need to be changed for higher speeds and a rounded edge front tire should help it steer better.

Maybe one of those diamond thread tires would work on the front

• Like 2

Horse46
On 19 July 2016 at 9:38 AM, C-101plowerpower said:

Maybe one of those diamond thread tires would work on the front

Do you mean the ATV type with the rounded edge?

C-101plowerpower
On 17-7-2016 at 10:48 PM, wallfish said:

^that wont go away

Anyway i was thinking along these lines

236036.jpg

• Like 4

wallfish
6 hours ago, C-101plowerpower said:

Anyway i was thinking along these lines

I was looking for that exact thing while at the show. I was going to sneak a set of 6-12 AGs onto a RJ-58 that was parked near me and hope Jim didn't notice his diamond treads were gone

• Like 4

WHX??

Few more beers in me fish and I probaly wouldn't have!! I have been on the scout out  for you tho ....:lol: Did we ever put some thing in the want classifies John ...there has to be a member that has diamonds laying around he doen't need ???

Chris G

That is some creative repurposing. Absolutely love it. Makes me think I might of spent a buck or two to much on my Harley. Great job though a very unique piece!

• Like 3

WHX??
10 hours ago, Chris G said:

I might of spent a buck or two to much on my Harley

Ditto

• Like 3