19richie66

Looks mad

Digger 66

WAY-TO-GO !!!! 

• Like 1

JimD

Nice save.  :techie-eureka: You should put this in the "What's in you mirror" thread. Oh, what's in the crate? Nosy minds want to know.. :confusion-confused::lol:

• Like 3

DougC

I wouldn't say no to a 418A with deck for $200 either..........:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I wouldn't know why you wouldn't save it.     :clap:

To me...looks glad, not mad...you came to it's rescue.  

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

Wishin4a416

Good job!

• Like 2

elliot ness

Great save ! Good luck with it.:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

Marv

Nobody offered me that kind of deal. I'm slow but could react fast. I think.

Marvin

• Like 1

19richie66

It's not that I wouldn't have saved it. I had the money and just happened to be cruising craigslist when I found it. Called the guy and made him an offer and he took it. Said he wanted to see someone do something with it. So it followed me home. It just looked mad in the mirror because someone painted eyebrows on it. I figured it should be happy it has a new home kinda out of the weather. So..... I got all the water out of the motor, shot some blaster in it. Spun it by hand and got it to where it would rotate completely. Put some fuel in the carb throat and spun it over and it spit and hiccuped. So it will run but still have to clean the carb and fuel system. Unfortunately it sat in the rain for a day or two with no air cleaner. Deck is free spinning, motor turns over but it still looks mad,lol. Only missing the seat(which I have one) and air cleaner.Now I have 418-A twins

pics are from craigslist ad. Post some more after a cleanup next week. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4

19richie66

Sorry JimD, I didn't see the crate comment. In the crate is a Vortec 350 core. I couldn't get it off the trailer before going to save the horse. It goes back to the dealership Monday morning. :thumbs:

• Like 1

19richie66

Well I got it started but someone left a hammer in the crankcase. Taking the mower parts off of this one and putting them on the other one. Ill pull the motor after I get my other messes cleaned up. Kinda made a sweet deal a little bitter but it was worth what I paid for it in parts alone. I still feel good about getting it.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1