Brad Johnson

Eaton 11 brake spring needed

Brad Johnson

Good Saturday Morning,

I am new to this forum; my tractor is the Work Horse GT-1800, the B&S V-Twin variant of the Wheel Horse line. Has an Eaton 11 tranny. I have been having braking issues for some time; pressing the brake pedal does put the transmission into neutral, but holding power has been a problem. I took off the side panel to check for an adjustment of the brake rod, only to find a PO had replaced the spring (called "heavy spring" in the manual) with thick washers, which gives me no way to fine tune this brake. The spring is listed in the Eaton schematics as "Item 11, spring" but no real part number. Can anyone suggest a parts source and part numbers for these units?

Brad

JPWH

I can't help you with your problem but I can say :WRS:. Someone will be along that can help you though.

WNYPCRepair

I can't find anything for your model, but this is the parts list for a 520-H, I think it is probably the same spring. Item 11, $6

https://www.torodealer.com/en-US/Pages/parts.aspx?Model=73501&Serial=39000001&MYBEID=5415&PageId=309408&IllustrationId=300269

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Would the spring be on one of these pages of the IPL?

Garry

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

• Like 1

Brad Johnson

WNYPC, you nailed it! That is exactly I need. And, I'm just a stone's throw away in the Finger Lakes - thanks, man!

Brad

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair

yeah I just verified the part number with the other arts list Garry found and it is the same part

I'll be heading down by Cortland around the first week of July to meet a guy buying a deck

Brad Johnson

I'm much closer, near Naples. Good luck with the deck!

Brad

• Like 1