Sign in to follow this  
Rideawaysenior

D200 project

Rideawaysenior

So, out in the garage tonight and hanging out with my friend Mike when I get a hair across my arse to do something with the D200 that has been sitting there for the past few months. When I got it, it had some hydraulic tranny trouble. Since, I've replaced the pump, and most recently, the tranny thanks to Steve in OH.

Well, after a lengthy process of removing a stuck key I put in the new one and slid on the new to me hubs. The hub on the right was giving me a little trouble so to make things easy, I sprayed some Liquid wrench on it hoping it would slide a bit better. I take my handy rubber mallet and begin to tap the hub down on the shaft. Woudn't you know the lube works so good that on my final whack, the shaft on the other side blows right out the side! :hide: :wtf: I must have used every word in the book. Apparently, the clip that holds the shaft in place had come off. So now the tranny needs to come back off and come apart so I can rebuild it. I love the D's, but this one is going to be the death of me.

On a lighter note, I did get some seat time in on the D160 pushing the 3inches of ice/snow we got over the night time. Only thing about it I don't like is, the blade is so big, the driveway is done in two passes. No fun at all. LOL :horseplay:

baerpath

You could plow the circle out :hide::D

Duane

wheelhorserock123

i just picked one up (d200) strong machine do they have alot of problems?

pond195520032003

It just depends! they have their share of problems, but so do others :thumbs: what is the problem with yours :whistle: