JPWH

Starter/gen voltage regulator

JPWH

I have tried to set the contacts, air gap and voltage per delco remy instructions. but when I get the voltage right the contact sticks and the gen will not stop unless I manually open the contacts. Am I missing something. 

Achto

I spent a lot of time with the starter gen regulator on my 1076. I obtained a good ground, this was my first problem. There was corrosion under the braided strap. After that I did all the adjustments then ran into the same problem your having. I'd like to say this is where I tell you the cure but sorry, I can't do that. This is where I couldn't take it any more and decided to buy a new one. Not necessarily the cheap option, but eliminating the frustration was worth it to me. psep.biz has some low price ones but I haven't tried them, a U.S. made one will run about twice the price. 

• Like 1

JPWH

I too have decided to replace the old one but I am determined to find out what is the cause. Everything ohms out ok. I'm going to try a new battery this weekend. it acts like bad contacts but I took everything apart and cleaned them and they looked ok.