OHRob72

Another Buckeye

OHRob72

Hey guys my name is Rob. I have been searching this site for a few years and finally singed up. I appreciate all of the great information on this site. I have been a fan of Wheel Horse since I was a kid mowing the grass on my dad's C-165. He still has his C-165 and it still runs great. I moved back to OH last year and bought the '85 416-8 on the trailer, and a few weeks ago I picked up a '88 416-8 and a 42" sickle bar in a package deal. I wish the bar fit the 416 but it gives me an excuse to buy another Wheel Horse!! :D I am looking at a 856 or a Commando 8(which would you choose?) to fill this need. I just need to find a way to explain to my wife why I need a third horse. 

Sickle Bar.JPG

85 416-8.jpeg

88 416-8.JPG

WHs.JPG

• Like 7

ACman

One for mowing ,one for plowing , one for weed control :thumbs2: ! It's to hard and time consuming  :confusion-scratchheadblue:  to keep changing them implements around between tractors . :dunno:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:WRS:

elcamino/wheelhorse

Welcome to Red Square. The easiest way to get another one by the wife is sneak it under the cover of darkness, throw a tarp over it for a few weeks. She will forget how many you had or when the new one showed up. Or do like I do beg and plead and offer jewelry.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs::text-coolphotos:

SylvanLakeWH

Ohio...Ohio...???  HHHMMM...:think: Aint that down south somewheres???

Since you got a :wh: black hood I guess it's ok to say :text-welcomeconfetti:...  :D

KC9KAS

OHRob72
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Since you got a :wh: black hood I guess it's ok to say :text-welcomeconfetti:...  :D

The black hood is dad's and I told him that I have first dibs on it if he ever wants to sell it.

• Like 1

russellmc301

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the Ohio :wh: gang :)

rlrnot

Welcome to this great site. I am from Dover.

jay bee

Welcome to Red Square.  Wow, bought 2 tractors in the past year?  I see a pattern starting here.  You probably better take elcamino's advice and go with the sneaking under the cover of darkness and lots of tarps thing.

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti: Rob! Enjoy the forum, and your :wh:'s

WHX??

Hello Rob :WRS:

Lots of us would kill for that sickle bar! What tractor are you thinking it fits on? I'm no sickle bar pro but I know I could use/want one!  Can't figure out why a guy would sell you the 416 with a bar that won't fit on it??

OHRob72

WHX, I was more interested in the sickle bar than the 416 that came along with it. I already had a 416 but the price was right so why not get another. I have been looking for a bar for a while now so I had to get this one as soon as I saw it. The guy wanted to focus on restoring his JD tractors and was looking to clear out his WHs and parts. The bar fits on the Commando 8 that I bought last night. It is a little rough around the edges but still runs and mows very well. I just have to tell my wife that I bought another tractor. Her birthday is next week and her gift cost more than the tractor so I should by OK.

Commando 8.JPG

• Like 3

WHX??
50 minutes ago, OHRob72 said:

the price was right so why not get another

You gonna fit right in here ..... :lol:

52 minutes ago, OHRob72 said:

restoring his JD tractors and was looking to clear out his WHs and parts.

Was the guy in some kinda accident???

52 minutes ago, OHRob72 said:

Her birthday is next week and her gift cost more than the tractor

I was going to say get her flowers for about half what the tractor costs but that works too! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Terry M

Looks like your Commando was a good choice:handgestures-thumbupright:...

And Welcome to :rs: 

TimH

Welcome to this great site

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: Rob hope you enjoy this place as much as the rest of us...looks like the addiction has set in so you're definitely at the right place.

On May 18, 2016 at 3:32 PM, ACman said:

One for mowing ,one for plowing , one for weed control :thumbs2: ! It's to hard and time consuming  :confusion-scratchheadblue:  to keep changing them implements around between tractors . :dunno:

Tried that the other day with my wife...she doesn't seem to see things my way though 

roadapples

Sparky

Mike..........

obone

Welcome. Moved back to a great state, got a few great tractors and a rare attachment. Sounds like you are on the right track.

c-series don

Ahhh, and now the addiction begins. Soon you will find another implement and will need another tractor!!! It's a viscous cycle but all of us here love it!!

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-yeahthat:

Jim