farmer

Givin it the old Heave Ho

cheesegrader

I sure hope this ends well.   I've been taken for a ride by a few trees.

When a 1200lb tree starts to roll sideways down the hill, well, the the 700lb tractor tends to go along!

I can't move logs much longer than 8 feet by dragging them.

My brother uses a wheeled log arch on the big stuff, and even with that advantage, he still gets hung up in the mud.

So the Yooper says this is going to be harder than it looks.

Do you have a category for Yoopers?  

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

There's a category for Yoopers all right... just "above" us down-state "Trolls"...:D

• Like 2

Pullstart

I recall trying to move a truck chassis with everything but the cab and front clip with the 502 last year, in the driveway on somewhat flat gravel drive all I did was dig holes.  but my 502 wasn't very heavy compared to the 520 so best of luck and be safe!

farmer

Well, round two went to the tree, but there was some movement. At this point if I had been pulling on anything except a lawn that I didn't want to wreck I think 'Hagred' would have triumphed, however.

Out came the saw again, another four feet  plus brush removed. Hooked the twine onto a branch under the trunk and gave it the beans, no contest.

The winner, the :wh: (with a little help from his mate  Johnsreds)

I suppose the moral to the story is, as capable as these machines are there are still limits, but you gotta have a go. :rolleyes::)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by farmer
Forgot pictures
  • Like 8

DougC

Here's what we do next.... Cut down another tree approx. the same size. (When your wife is not home....) Install rear turf tires filled with fluid, wheel weights and tire chains. Drink large quantity of room temperature ale...... Hook 25 foot log chain to tree and :wh: Making sure the tree won't be plowing a furrow in the dirt wind up that tractor and then like the wild man from Borneo let out a blood curdling scream and .............

Let us know how that works out.....:wwp:

• Like 5

roadapples

Certainly a nice looking place you`ve got there farmer...

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

I did notice that the steering wheels on them English Wheel Horses are in the same spot as our North American WH's...HHHMMM... So, does that mean you drive the WH's down the center of the road???

:auto-swerve:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:...like we do?   :ychain:

Grat'n The Cheese 7-15.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1