Oilfieldarmy

Kohler command 18 CH18s

Oilfieldarmy

I have a kohler command 18 CH18S that I just got that rather than a carburetor, it has an impco ca55m-500 lpg mixer on it. I can hook it up to propane and get it to run and idle smoothly, but when I try to apply thottle it gets rough and doesn't seem to be increasing rpm. I have increased propane flow when increasing throttle and still get the same result. I would like to go back to carburated but don't want to buy a pricey kohler carb. Are there any carburetors that would work in place of a kohler carb? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• dlaw90
      By dlaw90
      I have a 1999 314-8. It never starts on the 1st try whether it is hot or cold outside. It always starts immediately on the 2nd try. Is there anything I should be checking/fixing or is this just typical of a 18 year old tractor. The hour meter reads about 350 hours.

If the tractor is stopped and restarted during mowing/plowing, it will start on the first try.

This is my first tractor, so no response is too obvious...
    • spindley
      By spindley
      I am looking for the motorhead that stuck a CH series Kohler Command on a D-200.   Any info would be appreciated.   Love this site.