Aldon

Tie rod ends for GT14 or large frame tractors

Aldon

Anybody know where to get the tie rid ends that are on GT14's and similar era tractors?

All I seem to find are the smaller ones that are same as my C161.

image.jpeg

953 nut

I came up with some that were listed for :hide:   John Deere  on agrisupply.com that had the correct female thread, but I had to drill out the steering arm for the larger male threaded end. I seem to recall some one on here posting that McMaster-Carr  had a direct replacement, just need to look it up by thread sizes.

• Like 1

Aldon
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I came up with some that were listed for :hide:   John Deere  on agrisupply.com that had the correct female thread, but I had to drill out the steering arm for the larger male threaded end. I seem to recall some one on here posting that McMaster-Carr  had a direct replacement, just need to look it up by thread sizes.

I managed to find that same set up in Amazon. I was waiting for one of our vendors to reply as to whether he had the original style set-up and he suggested same path as you ended up taking. Guess I'll proceed similarly. As I have no loader it seems a non issue strength wise.

swisstrac

great info ; as i just ordered the wrong tie end; thanksmuch Aldon for  info re McMaster-Carr, Can you point me in right  place to order same ?    rgds  ray

• Like 1

Aldon
11 minutes ago, swisstrac said:

great info ; as i just ordered the wrong tie end; thanksmuch Aldon for  info re McMaster-Carr, Can you point me in right  place to order same ?    rgds  ray

Ray,

Easier way to get the right ones is to order from site vendor @wheelhorseman1000 . See the vendor section. He indicated he was ordering them to his stock tomorrow. There are 4 ball joints total on the Gt14. 3 of the larger type and one of standard type where it connects to the steering fan gear. At least that's the way the several I have had are configured. So you will need to drill out the spindles where ball joints attach to accept the 7/16 inch post or bolt. So it's 7/16 male and 1/2 female. Qty 3, and Qty 1 3/8 for fan gear....if I'm correct. Better double check though:-) BTW, how's your rebuild coming along?

• Like 2

swisstrac

great info ; as i just ordered the wrong tie end; thanksmuch Aldon for  info re McMaster-Carr, Can you point me in right  place to order same ?    rgds  ray//Thanks for  the info ; it makes sense to go that route,, i was just a little aaprehensive  about drilling the spindle/  again  many thANKS FOR YOUR HELP.   rgds   ray

• Like 1

Aldon
4 hours ago, swisstrac said:

great info ; as i just ordered the wrong tie end; thanksmuch Aldon for  info re McMaster-Carr, Can you point me in right  place to order same ?    rgds  ray//Thanks for  the info ; it makes sense to go that route,, i was just a little aaprehensive  about drilling the spindle/  again  many thANKS FOR YOUR HELP.   rgds   ray

I suggest you reach out to the vendor I indicated above. In our vendors section. It's real easy to order the wrong type if your not careful. I found the ones I used on Amazon by searching 7/16 ball joints. Be aware, most are not what your looking for. As most have same post or stub as the female side. Your looking for one that is unique in that the male is different from female. Wheelhorseman1000 the site vendor understands as long as you indicate it's a GT14 and need the female 1/2-20 and male 7/16.