Blindd

Serial # 59969

Blindd

I have a late 50's or early 60's model tractor but haven't found the model # on it yet. Serial # is 59969.

Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Blindd

wheelhorse.JPG

• Like 3

rmaynard

Can you post a picture from the back and one of the front of the hood? From that angle the belt cover looks like a double wide. Maybe it's a 701.

• Like 5

prondzy

You have a 701 with what looks like the original and harder to come by correct mower deck for that model. Nice score and:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: Near as I can tell from that angle it does look to have the extra wide belt guard so I would agree you have a 701. Nice tractors I have one I am in the process of putting back together. Nice find you have there 

• Like 1

Achto

Foot rest look like they are for a 701 also. If you have a plastic dash and a solid front on the hood, ( no grill slots ) it is definitely a 701 model built in 1961. Sweet tractor, wish I could find a hood for mine.  

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I think it has the solid hood...can't see any light shining through from the back.  Nice 701 for sure.  :)

• Like 2

TDF5G

You got a good 'un!  

:WRS:

• Like 1

ol550

That rear tire on backwards will definately help you back up that hill.

• Like 5

ACman

:confusion-confused: I'm thinking 701 too , :wicked: find ! Just send an  :confusion-helpsos: where all here to:help: with your new  :wh: .  :WRS:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice :wh: 701 ...  :handgestures-thumbsup:

incorrect seat though.

:WRS:

Blindd

Front end and rear pic of 1961 701????

front whellhorse.JPG

rear wheelhorse.JPG

• Like 2

rmaynard

Solid front of hood, support bracket from toolbox to fenders, plastic dash with push-button start, and double wide belt guard, it's a 701.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 2

Achto

Great machine, Sought after by quite a few collectors here. Nice find!

• Like 1

Blindd

Thanks guys....very much appreciated. This was my fathers Wheel Horse that he loved. He has been gone almost 10 years now and with my moms recent passing, I am sorting out what to keep. Hard to let go anything, but particularly something he thought so much of. He was a function over form sort of person and never did much in the way of restoration.....I think now I will do it for him.;)

• Like 2

gwest_ca

In some locations the deck model number is not correct so often hard to find. Here it is

Garry

• Like 1

Achto
2 hours ago, Blindd said:

He was a function over form sort of person and never did much in the way of restoration.....I think now I will do it for him

Being the sort of person your father was, there would also be no fault in getting it mechanically sound and leaving it in its work clothes. It does have a nice look to it as it is.

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
19 minutes ago, achto said:

Being the sort of person your father was, there would also be no fault in getting it mechanically sound and leaving it in its work clothes. It does have a nice look to it as it is.

I agree...get it running good and put some new tires on it and leave the rest as is...your father would be proud

Blindd

Ya'll are probably right. I had questioned myself as to which would be more appropriate. Near total restore or, as you suggest, back to work form. Since he never saw any need to dress it up, but only keep it running well, that makes the most sense!

Thanks Achcto and Professor!

• Like 2