Al C.

Built to last

Al C.

Replaced the drive belt yesterday.  It's hard to appreciate the way these machines are built until you take them apart.  Wow!image.png

• Like 7

ACman

I know what you mean. Last weekend when I took my tractors to the blessing of the plows , my uncles where checking out the tractors. They walked around them, and gave me and my cousin some crape about not being AC's or Simplicity's. ( If you don't already now our family sold AC's ag tractors ) As they started looking a little closer they commented how well these tractors where built . Then I told them about the RJ's and what they could do being 1958/59's only 4hp . Then my son fired up the 58 on the first pull , they where amazed !

The day before the show I was looking for a pully so I went to the local Simplicity dealer. ( the reason we didn't sell lawn/garden) He was heckling me too , when the original owner of the hardware store walked in. He asked me what I was working on and he said that's not orange what are you thinking. So I showed him a picture of the RJ's , said he never saw one . Mind you his family owned the store from the late 1800's to the early 2000's selling AC's tractors until the 60's then getting into the simplicity line . So when I showed him the picture he said I understand now . The more people that see these  :wh: Horse's the more they appreciate them . 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 4

Amcwheel85

This is exactly why I got into wheel horse. I have had just about any brand you could think of and my first horse was the 310-8. After seeing how easy everything is to get to and work on I was hooked. I like a lot old garden tractors but to me wheel horse built the most simple/strong/easiest to work on and best looking tractors ever!

• Like 3