Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

CLICK-CLICK-CLICK

illinilefttackle

:D Ok Guys-I've been meaning to ask this question ever since I got my C-125 Hydro, but we old guys forget things. I've read many posts about a "tow" valve on the Hydro. Something you turn if you have to push or pull your tractor. BUT- when I push my tractor around the garage, it pushes fairly easily, and goes "CLICK-CLICK-CLICK". I've heard this sound before, like a detent or a pawl popping in and out. Maybe I have a "Locker"? I'm interested it what you think.

The hydro and the differential work perfectly, but I was just curious what this sound might be?-Thanks-AL :hide:

TT

Your tractor has an 1100 series Eaton hydro unit, Al. They do not have the bypass (tow) valve and will move when pushed. The manual states that when attempting to push the tractor, the direction control lever (DCL) should be placed in the full forward position. My 1990 416H has the same pump, I can push it (slowly) without tremendous effort - no matter where the DCL is positioned, and it also makes the clicking sound - which is possibly the check valves within the hydro unit "dumping". (?)

illinilefttackle

:hide: Thanks TT-I'm glad it isn't anything to worry about-NOW-if it would just "SNOW". My plowing itch is going full blast!-AL :horseplay:

Teddy da Bear

Al,

My C-195 does the same thing. I read the owners manual and believe it

also said that you can indeed push it around slow. But if you push it too

fast......the wheels will lock up.

kpinnc

Might also be the ball pistons clicking. I've noticed when I push my 520 very far (don't ask), the transaxle gets FULL of oil, so it's coming out of the pump. With no oil to suspend them, the balls would be free to fall back and forth in the sockets on the drive (motor) side.

Just my theory...

Kevin