Bach-Ed

857 stopping drive belt

pfrederi
17 hours ago, Bach-Ed said:

I tried a fast and dirty solution I screwed a bolt into one of the flange mount threaded holes on the engine.   I started the engine and now it shifts fine.  Now before people start telling me the bolt is a bad idea, I agree it is not a a permanent solution.  But as a test it is a good idea, I have already removed it.  i will bend up some loops of 1/4" bar like those shown earlier.  With confidence they will work.  Thank you every one. :)

DSC02683.JPG

Awhile back I converted a C-81 to a KT17.  I used a bolt to guide the upper side of the belt (pic 1)  the bottom uses the bent wire bracket that is still available.  Has 130 hours of use with no issues

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

• Like 3

stevasaurus

:handgestures-thumbupright:   It is just a huge pleasure being part of this group...Thanks to all you guys.  :)

• Like 1

Dan Stewart

I've had success by using everyones wisdom. Belt change, bolt placed for braking and had to butcher the guard to keep from rubbing the belt.

So far she holding together. Only time will tell. Thanks again to all of you amazing people and your expertise.:thanks::thanks::):)

m (1).JPG

m (2).JPG

m (3).JPG

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Great, We luv it when a plan works. :text-bravo:   I might have tried to raise the entire belt guard to match the higher engine pulley.

• Like 2

Dan Stewart

She's all finished and running fine. I may shorten exhaust length. The old man rides again. wh.jpg

• Like 2