Sign in to follow this  
sorekiwi

Bring it on, Old Man Winter

sorekiwi

IMG_1972.jpg

My wife used to accuse me of being stuck in the '80's, well today I felt like I was stuck in the early '60's.

Normally I plow my driveway, and about 1/4 mile of the road outside my house, with the B-80, but my "worker" has kinda laid down on me (another um, err... electrical failure).

So this year its up to the little guys to pick up the slack... :hide:

IMG_1977_1.jpg

Actually, we dont get much snow here, the most I've ever seen in 7 years was about 6 inches, so they wont have to work that hard. And probably I'll just do it with the RJ. I dont think those little 8" Turfs on the Ranger will have much pushing power. But I had to move the short frame plow to get to the RJ"s, so I thought "what the hell" and fitted it up to the Ranger. Looks pretty good I think!

IMG_1969.jpg

Nick

Your Ranger looks to good to work but thats what they was built for. :hide: The plow frame doesnt leave much ground clearance do she. :D Wonder if some snowblower tire chains might fit?

kpinnc

Looks great Mike!

Kevin

sorekiwi

Wonder if some snowblower tire chains might fit?

Now there is an idea...

Rural King had a set of 8" Carlisle Super Lugs that have been haunting me since I saw them. If only I could find some 4" tri-ribs to go with them....

Also just discovered it is a SOB to pull the recoil rope with the blade on... :hide:

Rod(NASNUT)

:hide: looks like they are ready to work :D

DMESS

Now there is an idea...

Rural King had a set of 8" Carlisle Super Lugs that have been haunting me since I saw them. If only I could find some 4" tri-ribs to go with them....

Also just discovered it is a SOB to pull the recoil rope with the blade on... :hide:

Spin your recoil around so the handle is in the 2-0-clock position.

TT

Yeah.... after you have seen two or three guys get ran over by their own tractors, it's easy to see why the rope was intended to be pulled from the seat.

Of course I have also witnessed one or two operators falling off the seat backwards when the rope broke or the handle slipped over the knot! :hide:

Good thing they weren't hooked to a spike-tooth harrow! :D

sorekiwi

Spin your recoil around so the handle is in the 2-0-clock position.

Yeah, I know, but I'm right handed, and my left shoulder is kinda messed up (mainly old age :hide: ) and I just think its easier to pull it from the front.

Also I havent decided how I'm going to hook up the too short (for a Kohler) choke cable, so as soon as she fires I have to be right there to wriggle a finger behind the hood to flick the choke open!!

Just another in a line of mild irritations I hadnt thought of....

Teddy da Bear

That clearance off the ground is almost double what I have on the C-195.

I think it looks great! (if the weight of the plow doesn't nose over the tractor) :hide:

kpinnc

Of course I have also witnessed one or two operators falling off the seat backwards when the rope broke or the handle slipped over the knot!

Ben there, done that. :hide:

Kevin

Rollerman

Mike the Lawn Ranger & the RJ look great!

That Kohler looks right at home too. :hide:

I pull forward too..... :D

ol550

[ If only I could find some 4" tri-ribs to go with them....

Miller tire has tri ribs 3.00-4 for $30.00 :D Pricey but there you go. :hide:

sorekiwi

Miller tire has tri ribs 3.00-4 for $30.00 :D Pricey but there you go. :hide:

Thanks for that link, those tires look cool but I cant justify it.

The 8" Ags for the rear are only $25 apiece from Rural King. And I already bought the new front turfs for $11 each a few months ago.

The extra front weight of the blade actually helps this tractor. I drove it for the first time today, and without the blade it'd pop the front wheels off the ground in 3rd gear. Not as bad as the RJ, but enough to get your attention :horseplay:

bell

They look GREAT Mike! :hide: