scoob8000

Deck off-set to side?

TDF5G

The deck my be sprung or twisted then.  I get a tape measure and start checking.

Ed Kennell

This is the lift stop bolt that is missing on your support brackets. W/O these stops, the rear of the deck probably never lifts properly till the rubber stops on the back contact the footrests.

The front probably lifts too high and could be causing the jamming and twisting .

IMG_5702.JPG

IMG_5703.JPG

• Like 3

scoob8000

Wow. I got excited thinking those were missing from my deck thinking that was my issue.  But I just went thru my other photos on my phone.  Those studs are there, but they look like they are adjusted a good bit closer to the deck than they are in your photos.

I'm trying to picture how they sit when the deck is on in the up/down position.   When do those drawbar arms rest on the stops?  With the deck up the whole way?

[edit] my wife finally answered me.  No cracks, just peices of grass.   18MP camera on a cell phone my left foot!

Edited by scoob8000
  • Like 1

TDF5G
49 minutes ago, scoob8000 said:

Wow. I got excited thinking those were missing from my deck thinking that was my issue.  But I just went thru my other photos on my phone.  Those studs are there, but they look like they are adjusted a good bit closer to the deck than they are in your photos.

Yes, I see them on there.  

Ed Kennell

Sorry, I see the stop bolts now.    And no cracks...back to square one.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

cleat

Those bolts are just to level the deck in full up position.

Mine are all set down close to deck.

• Like 1

scoob8000

Tightened up the attachamatic brackets, replaced worn cotter pins on the adjustment trunion and on the lift.

On the lift arm where the chain attaches there are 3 holes.   The manual mentions being in the rear most hole to set the rubber bumpers on the footrests for transport.

Mine was in the middle hole.   Which is correct for normal use?

8NQ9nWT.png

pLADqXm.png

Edited by scoob8000

cleat

My lift bars all have 2 holes and chain bolts to rear hole.

Also make sure lift bar is straight across the back. When I got my 416H it was bent back.

Lift bar no pin 2.jpg

• Like 2

scoob8000

Cleat,

I'm referring to the top of the chain.   Behind the dash panel there is a crank arm with 3 holes that the eyebolt with chain mounts to. 

Do the rubber bumpers on the draft bars ride against your footrests when the deck is all the way up?  I still have about 2.5" or so of space there.

So far though with just tightening up the brackets and such the deck is much better.  Something still seems off though.

cleat

Sorry, top of chain use inner hole.

lift.pdf

Edited by cleat
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

Scoob',  you probably have this correct, but make sure the trunnion /eye bolt nut is on the left side of the rock shaft bar as shown in your diagram.  If it is on the right side, it could pull the deck to the right.

• Like 2

doc724

Everyone has been focusing on the deck.  Has anyone considered that maybe one tire has slid in or out on the axle? 

• Like 3

farmer

Getting rid of that weight is going to make a difference, if it's heavy enough to counter the whole blower assembly when fitted, it's going to make the left side hang lower without the blower, possibly making the deck 'bind up' as you say.   :coffee:

• Like 3