Mike_W

Mike_W

dimensions would be great, I'm sure I can make one. I ordered a locking cable last night on ebay, if don't work out, I'll use your resource, thank you!

I think you are right on the sheet footrest, I do like them, makes for easier entry and exit.

wrightorchid

A great find, and with the hydro to boot.  Fun to see the old brochures, and all of the various attachments, including the thermo sprayer and air compressor (items that are not seen very often).

• Like 2

Achto

I will PM those dimensions to you tonight.

• Like 1

WHX??

Really the brochures are cool, I would br tempted to frame them for the shop... nice find all the way around.:handgestures-thumbupright: How often do find a horse with the cigarette lighter there?!?!?

Welcome to the throttle cable conundrum... I did the vice grip thing on my 401 and it ended up scratching  paint!  My OEM locking cables work great on my "67 maybe that was the year they started using them? Never knew that they were there for years as the arrow and lock word were wore off.

• Like 1

ronhatch

Rather then mess around with cloths pins/vice grips :( (sorry guys) on my 867, I replaced my PITA push/pull throttle control with a lever style. Much better RPM control and it stays where I set it.  A push/pull knob is fine for a choke, but not very good for a throttle.  :twocents-02cents:

Edited by ronhatch
  • Like 2

Mike_W
37 minutes ago, wrightorchid said:

A great find, and with the hydro to boot.  Fun to see the old brochures, and all of the various attachments, including the thermo sprayer and air compressor (items that are not seen very often).

The generator caught my eye, useful item

29 minutes ago, WHX61/3 said:

Really the brochures are cool, I would br tempted to frame them for the shop... nice find all the way around.:handgestures-thumbupright: How often do find a horse with the cigarette lighter there?!?!?

Welcome to the throttle cable conundrum... I did the vice grip thing on my 401 and it ended up scratching  paint!  My OEM locking cables work great on my "67 maybe that was the year they started using them? Never knew that they were there for years as the arrow and lock word were wore off.

Lighter actually works and looks like it was never used to light a smoke.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I was wondering what they did with your parking brake lever.  Is it still there, under the fender/footrest??  Can you post a picture of it and how you get to it??  :)

Mike_W
3 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I was wondering what they did with your parking brake lever.  Is it still there, under the fender/footrest??  Can you post a picture of it and how you get to it??  :)

It's right in front of the right rear wheel, probably 2 inches away from the end of the hydro pump fan blades. Hence my quest to get a fan shroud there. Interesting, I don't know where the seat release lever went to, I'll need to remove the plate to see what's up. The seat seems to kind of snap in place and not loose, so not a pressing matter.

I'll get a pic of the parking lever.

Looking at your pics, it's in the same place as yours.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Mine is hard enough to reach as it is, I doubt I could even reach yours while sitting on the horse.  :)

• Like 1

Mike_W

Mine is hard enough to reach as it is, I doubt I could even reach yours while sitting on the horse.  :)

no, there is no way to access the lever while setting on the seat, the seat needs raised.

• Like 1

TDF5G

The brochure pics are great!  Thanks.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:40 PM, stevasaurus said:

I think someone has done some fabrication...like the running boards.  My 876 does not have the running boards and has a control by the left rear tire to engage the hydro.  Yours seems to have some hydraulics mounted on the left side.  :)  Your throttle would have an arrow showing how to lock it if that is what you have.  I happen to have a "T" throttle on mine...it is not supposed to be there to be correct.

2014_0707extra0003.JPG

2014_0707extra0004.JPG2014_0707extra0007.JPG

2014_0707extra0008.JPG

Steve what is up with the spring on the brake side? Home made idea?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

SmokinJoe put that spring there a a quick fix 2 winters ago.  It is something on the bucket list to fix on this horse.  The spring works great though  :)