Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Whats the Difference?? 100vs101 120vs121

Docwheelhorse

Is the only difference between a C100 and a C101 and a C120 and a C121 etc... the year they where made??? Inquiring minds want to know.......

Thanks!!

Tony

T-Mo

Tony,

I'm no expert, nor do I play one on TV, but there are subtle differences in the C-1X0 and C-1X1 series. I.e., location of fuel tank, iso mounted engines on the C-1X1 series, and a few cosmetic changes. I'm not sure if there were any changes in the ignition system, nor am I sure if there were more safety switches on the C-1X1, but there might have been. I think for the most part they're more similar than different and the changes were subtle improvements.

TT

One of the biggest differences would be the "wide body" design that started in 1978. The tractors built prior to 1978 had the narrower hoodstand without any cover on the left side where the implement lift handle mounts. (The flip-up fender was dropped in 1976 or 1977 but the tank was still under the hood, so that wasn't really a change in the 1978/79 C series tractors.)

As T-MO stated, the battery was moved up off the frame to the location where the gas tank was on the older models, and most of the gas tanks were mounted under the rear fender from 1978 until 2008. (some exceptions - like the 308 models)

BTW: The C-81/101/121/141/161 models were built in 1978 & 1979.

Docwheelhorse

Thanks Guys!!!