Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Getting ready for snow

Nick

It was 50 degrees and raining yesterday, good time to get ready for when the snow finally gets here. Just mounted a 42" blade on the 857. For the Ranger I put together a 48" blade for the loader. Not sure how it will work out but if it does I should be able to pile it high. :hide:

snow005.jpg

snow007.jpg

sorekiwi

Looking good Nick! Hope it snows for you soon (?)!

Rollerman

Nice looking snow removal team there Nick!

Will you be useing the V blade this year?

I always like pushing snow with the short frames. :hide:

rustyoldjunk

great looking snow team Nick.im amazed at the load ranger all over again every time i see it.i watched a video of you with it yesterday,what an amazing little tractor.....

TJ

Nice setup.

Nick

Stephen, Sold my brothers 520xi so think I'll modify the v plow to fit a steiner he uses at work.

Gave the plow a little weight test tonight. Not sure how much but it is the cast front from a 450 dozer. Might still end up like a pretzel if I ram a snow bank though. :hide:

snow015.jpg

jusjeepn

Nice work Nick! :hide: Looks like it will hold up pretty well! You got any pics of the V blade? Thinkin bout makin one myself!

Pat

WheelHorse_of_course

:D Hey Nick,

I'd say you are prepared.

cheers

:hide:

Nick

Pat, The pictures were spread around so I loaded them to this album Snow Blade album I wasnt 100% happy with the mount I came up with but it did work.

bitten

Nick

That V plow is very simular to the one that I have been working out in my head for about a month. I have seen the Boss v blades on pickups and thought it would be a good idea to try on a garden tractor.

How well did it work? If the blades were controld by hydrolics would it been a better set up? Im thinking that with hydro on each blade controled seperatly that the snow removal around here would go alittle faster and might be more fun ( although I do like to plow snow with a wheel horse over the Internationals that we have)

Any idea that you would have would be great as I can tell that your fabricating skills are very good.

P.J.

Nick

PJ

The blade did ok. It wasnt to bad changing the angle manually I just had to dig snow out of the mounts before changing it. The blade mounted on the factory mount so it could also angle from the seat. Youtube video

My brother has a boss plow on his truck but what got me thinking about a tractor version was the Steiner and Ventrac V blades. I think they use an electric hydraulic system to angle there system.

Steiner V plow page

Ventrac V plow page

Ventrac V blade video

KyBlue

Hey Nick, it was snowin up your way yesterday - Ya get to test out the Ranger Plow Yet??

Looks like it'll work good - as usual with your homebuilt goodies!

Nick

We never did get measurable amounts of snow to test the blade but we did get a dusting of snow that along with some sleet and freezing rain mixed together and froze down. WIth nothing better to try it on I took it out and cleaned the road off.

This stuff was a little rough so it wasnt super slick but the narrow tire duals appeared to bite right in. Guess I'll know for sure when some of the deep stuff everyone else is getting comes around our way :horseplay:

Test video Photobucket video link-

rawvideo001.jpg

KyBlue

Appears to work quite well.. Nice job!