97SHOgt

C-175 or 418-H Hydro/Rear End Swap into 312-A?

97SHOgt

Can somebody let me know if I could swap a C-175 hydro/rear end onto a 312-A without much modification.  Not sure if that had a Eaton 700, 1100 or something else, and if it would bolt up.  Would rather upgrade to the 1100.  Any other models that would swap relatively easily?  I think I saw a 520-H possibly?  418-H?  Could I swap a manual from a 312-8 into it?  I don't mind the 8-speed.  I need to find a donor.  I inherited my Grandpa's 1987 312-A with a bad Eaton 700 last spring and I'm finally getting back to work on it.  Guess I cant really complain because it ran great for over 25-years.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Trying to get it going as spring is approaching.

Edited by 97SHOgt

gwest_ca

I think you can swap them.

The 1980 C-175 used a Sundstrand in the early models (oil filter faces the right side with an S in the model number) and an Eaton 1100 in the late models (filter faces the rear with an E in the model number)

Lot easier to have a complete tractor to swap an 8-speed so you have all the pieces for the clutch so it does not nickle and dime you to death. The engine drive pulley is different for the gear transmissions.

You can see what each has here

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Just enter the C-175, 418-H or 520-H and search. Then open the Details for each one where the transmission model is listed.

Garry

• Like 1

97SHOgt

Thanks for the response.  I'm trying to find out what year it was off of since it doesn't look like they were all Eatons.  From the picture I saw it looks like an Eaton, but I haven't seen the other hydro for comparison. Pic is attached if anybody can help.

image.jpeg

Dirtdog524

I have a 1985 314A that had a bad Eaton 700.

I installed a 1100 out of a c175. 

It bolted up fine but i had to reroute the hoses and the brake assembly needed some tweaking to make it work

That tractor is still running fine today.

• Like 1

97SHOgt

Thanks for the response.  Can you tell if the picture above looks like the 1100?  If so I might pull the trigger on it.

cleat

Looks like an 1100 to me. If it has the oil filter on the left side (I can't see it in the pic) then it is.

That one also has the rear rockshaft installed. That is a bonus if you ever want to have a rear lift.