Sign in to follow this  
MAD MARK

42" RD Mower Double Pulley Part# ?

MAD MARK

I fudged the double pulley on the center spindle up getting it off. I've looked up part numbers for the 05-42MS03 I have and when it shows the double pulley it always has 110147 48" Mower Pulley. And that's on the 42" diagrams. I'm trying to find out if same part numbers or not?

gwest_ca

Most parts lists are shared with similar models but often fail to properly identify the parts.

See if this one helps

Garry

The 05-42MS03 is a side discharge deck. The RD is a rear discharge. Which one do you have?

MAD MARK

That's what I was using when found the part number. And looking it up it always says for 48" mower. 

gwest_ca

Item 6 is listed twice. Once for the 42" and once for the 48" and neither have the 110147 part number..

Parts tree

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mower-deck-assemblies/05-42ms03-toro-42-side-discharge-mower-deck-1984/rear-side-discharge-mowers-42-48-in-107-122-cm/

Garry

gwest_ca

So it is a rear discharge?

On this one

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mower-deck-assemblies/05-42mr03-toro-42-rear-discharge-mower-deck-for-300-and-400-series-1985/rear-discharge-mower-42-in-107-cm-vehicle-identification-number-05-42mr03_1/

go down to the bottom of the list and you will see a 2nd item 6 but it still fails to tell you it is for the 42". That is why the original parts lists are so valuable.

Garry

• Like 2

MAD MARK

Yes rear discharge I guess I never stated that in my post and only the title.

I was just confused while looking for the part number I gave and it said sometimes it was for early 1980s 42" as well. Where exactly does 1985 fall?

Looks like I'm going with 110148. Thanks!

wrightorchid

Is there a safe, effective way to remove the pulley without damaging it?

gwest_ca

I have always got them off be stradling the deck and then picking it up by the pulley. Just back off the nut about 1/16" and have a 2nd body drive the shaft hard with a brass drift and big hammer. When the pulley gets to the nut back it off another 1/16". All the while keep adding SeaFoam or Deep Creep to the parts as a penetrating oil.

Originally they used a nut with a nylon insert to lock it there plus a Woodruff key between the pulley and the shaft.

Later on they left the key out and used a standard nut and regular lockwasher. You can do this also as log as the pulley will spin freely on the shaft. May have to file off a burr or two. That way the natural direction of rotation keeps the nut tight. Good idea to coat the shaft and pulley bore with Never-Seize so it is easier next time.

Service bulletin on the change

Garry

• Like 1

MAD MARK

It also helps a lot now knowing that they are NOT 2 separate pulleys. I thought it was with a spacer between the two like the mule drive.