russellmc301

chrome stack

russellmc301

i'm looking for a chrome muffler for my A-100 and i see the one in classified it seems to large.

the a-100 is fairly small compared to others but i want a cool looking chrome muffler for it.

i want it to stick up in the air.

• Like 1

Phatboy

I see alot of ppl putting stacks on there horses ,, is there an advantage to doing that ? Like in HP or something? Or is it just for looks?

dells68

Russell, my son wanted a stack on his 60 suburban and the cub mufflers at TSC just was too large.  I built him one using 1 1/4" closet rod, 2 3/4" exhaust tubing for the body and a piece of plumbing pipe screwed over the top pipe.   To add a little back pressure, I welded a washer with 7/16" hole in the center of the pipe with holes cross drilled through the center 1 1/4" pipe above and below the washer to allow some exhaust to flow into the body of the muffler.  It's actually not very loud, but does have a deep throaty sound.  Nowhere near as loud as a straight pipe.  Please excuse the messy basement:unsure:. Sorry about the rotation - posting from my phone and can't figure out how to turn images!

image.jpg

• Like 4

russellmc301

ok ill have to see if i could make one.