COMB2

A mystical B-80 rarely seen except in fairy tales. The "Unicorn"

3253_12.JPG

Rollerman

Hmm...wouldn't that be the "Cyclops"

COMB2

Humm maybe, rare none the less :hide:

CasualObserver

Before you make too much fun, make sure that's not the rare and elusive HL-6 headlight mounted on there!

HL6.jpg

Docwheelhorse

Not for nuthin... ---but--- that has to be the ugliest kit ever offered to put a headlight on a tractor. Thats the best Wheel horse could come up with? :hide:

Tony

daemon2525

I'm with ya. That thing is ugly. It makes my bug-eye thing look good.

Rollerman

A friend recently sent me pics of his 1045 restoration & he added an HL 6 light kit to it.

It is ugly & an easy target for a low limb.....but never seen one other than in manuals.

HorseFixer

Yeah that tractor has another RARE kit! :hide: The exhaust! It's a left side foot warmer offered by Wheel Horse! :D

rustyoldjunk

i thought it was a cyclops with antlers and one broken off...that is an interesting (and very ugly) kit they offered.you would have thought the factory would have done better then what anybody could have run to the parts store and done in the garage on their own.(like make the headlight panel into usable lights and it would have looked great too!).wheel horse is a great designed garden tractor but from all i have seen after they were pretty much developed by the mid 60's they just never spent much of any r&d money on anything.they just changed sheetmetal some over the years and ran them until the end.

dgjks6

But that is the beauty of them. Once you perfect something - no need to change it.

Rollerman

you would have thought the factory would have done better then what anybody could have run to the parts store and done in the garage on their own.(like make the headlight panel into usable lights and it would have looked great too!).wheel horse is a great designed garden tractor but from all i have seen after they were pretty much developed by the mid 60's they just never spent much of any r&d money on anything.they just changed sheetmetal some over the years and ran them until the end.

<_< :hide:

Hmm....Guess you missed the Cxx5 series with the sealed beam lamps in the 80's...or the 300,400,400 with all there upgrades & features....more than sheet metal.

Then there was the D series...that was a departure from the norm.

Lets not forget the LXi & DXi tractors.

But all the qaulity was built well enough into a lot of these "Horses" are still around & most people don't want to buy an expensive qaulity "small tractor"...they go for the mega store brand riders.

I'd say some things were built well enough in the 60ies by Horse that they didn't need much more evolveing.

They sure did get a lot of copying though. :D

rustyoldjunk

<_< :hide:

Hmm....Guess you missed the Cxx5 series with the sealed beam lamps in the 80's...or the 300,400,400 with all there upgrades & features....more than sheet metal.

Then there was the D series...that was a departure from the norm.

Lets not forget the LXi & DXi tractors.

But all the qaulity was built well enough into a lot of these "Horses" are still around & most people don't want to buy an expensive qaulity "small tractor"...they go for the mega store brand riders.

I'd say some things were built well enough in the 60ies by Horse that they didn't need much more evolveing.

They sure did get a lot of copying though. :D

no,i didnt forget im well aware of the different wheel horse models and have owned a few of the 300's and currently have a 520 but as i said basicly just a sheetmetal change and i guess they did add real headlights after 20 years :omg: to be honest imho i consider the LXi and DXi are toro's not WH's.and they did sell an upscale off shoot model or 2 with the D and GT14's but i stand by what i said,i didnt say it was a bad thing,i dont much like change and it keeps things easier to work on and interchangabilty stays high when you have very little change.but if you look at how most other company's evolved their garden tractor lines.(deere,simplicity,ih,)with new models and redesigns over the decades you might understand my point. :hide:

Rollerman

but if you look at how most other company's evolved their garden tractor lines.(deere,simplicity,ih,)with new models and redesigns over the decades you might understand my point.

Yes I get your point...guess I think your homework is a little weak. :hide:

I guess I'll go hop on my 46 Pond Lever then park it...

Then drive my 95 520H & marvel in the similarities & lack of advancements. :D

ROJ don't get me wrong...I'm really haveing fun with this. :hide:

rustyoldjunk

tickster,i dont know that my homework is weak or its the fact i have to attend to my 5 month old baby so i dont have time to type complete documentries (and typing with one finger dont help) i could type out better better discribtion of what im saying but i chose to focus more on the little guy and then again my homework might not be as complete as yours ( and i never claimed i could spell lol) on just WH because i do focus on all brands instead of just one,there also im not much on anything newer then 75 because im a vintage kinda guy ( my current oldest machine isnt quite as old as your Pond,its a 60 simplicity 700 that i have owned about 16 years) so when we get to the "improvements" of the 300,400 and 500 series im sure you know more about that than i,so you very well could be right about my homework after all but basicly i was just saying the the frame,steering,trans etc.is pretty much all interchangable from 66 to 08 (i know 07 was the last year but there were still some left in the pipeline this year).remember im just the rookie and im here to learn from the masters of the hobby,such as yourself. :hide:

Duff

Yeah that tractor has another RARE kit! :hide: The exhaust! It's a left side foot warmer offered by Wheel Horse! :hide:

Nah, Duke, not a foot warmer - it's just a BOY tractor!

:omg::omg::D

Duff :D

Rod(NASNUT)

Thats not ugly this is ugly DSCF0003E-1.jpg :hide:

oldandred

Rod ugly isnt the word for that tractor even with a engine

catman81056

I didn't know it was possible for a Horse and a Deere to interbreed.

I guess the pic proves it :hide::D :hide:

rustyoldjunk

i see a lot of potential in that tractor and its that kinda thing thats gets me into too many project trouble,ask anyone that knows me,most people see junk,i see potential.look at the hydro lift kit hanging out there on the side of it and the tractor is straight,an engine,a little paint a few odds and ends....its this kind of thinking thats gets me into tractor trouble more often then not.......

Rod(NASNUT)

Rod ugly isnt the word for that tractor even with a engine

I know it is ugly but it is all mine and the best part is it was FREE! :banana:

catman81056

Well hell, "Free" thats a whole different story. The green will wash off. Good score :hide: