1978c81

New to me 520xi

RMCIII

The only (2) CONS I have ever had is the price of parts, and engine cleaning. I truly enjoyed my 518XI, but the price for replacement belts and parts was terrible. Also, if the engine has not had it's "cleaning" you will want to do that sometime in the near future. Toro has a complete guide on the "how to" of it all. The rear cooling fins can't be gotten to without removing the engine to clean them. Some individuals in here may have great luck and get away with not cleaning it at all. I picked my 518 up with just over 140hrs. on the clock. It always ran cool and at 205hrs. I noticed my temp gauge starting to creep up a bit. I knew it was the engine that needed cleaned. Toro recommends it done at 100hrs.

Aside from those 2 things it was a great machine, and talk about blowing snow with a single stage. There is a video I posted in here somewhere. It pushes the snow easily 40'. I since went back and did a measurement from where the tree is to where I crest the house in the video, it measures 38', but the snow is going a few feet past the tree so I just called it good at 40' Not bad for a single stage.

Glen - surprised you didn't try it out after you saw my video.... But that sure is one Purdy clean blower!

RMMCIII

• Like 1

DennisThornton
On 3/10/2016 at 4:57 PM, slammer302 said:

I agree WNYPCRepair 

I often wonder how the 520xi compares to the 522xi theirs been a pretty nice 520xi for sale on the local CL for 950$ that i keep catching myself looking at

I got and love both.  $950 for a nice one seems like a bargain to me.

shallowwatersailor
2 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

I got and love both.  $950 for a nice one seems like a bargain to me.

If you look that one up on CL, it looks a bit sad. 

• Like 2

DennisThornton
7 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

If you look that one up on CL, it looks a bit sad. 

Well then that drops the price and explains why it's still around.  If it's all there, functional and with some attachment (deck at least) it still might be worth looking at.  Got to wonder about some lingering CListings though.  Must be some things that only appear when you get there!