Docwheelhorse

Why MTD "Walmart Tractors" are made and sold

meby

It is a shame that in the age of information that people have become so ignorant. It never ceases to amaze me that not only do most people not have the knowledge to do basic maintenance, but they can't even begin to comprehend why anyone else would attempt to work on or modify stuff. I have done a number of projects mechanical in nature one of which was putting a diesel/5spd in a minivan. The question I have gotten the most is "why in h*ll would you do that?". Even at a basic level, they should know that the fuel economy of a diesel exceeds the gasser. The mindset of avoiding anything that smacks of manual labor has done a massive amount of harm to people being able to build or fix stuff.

• Like 3

BESTDOGEVER

I  know that the reason why the engines in all of the older tractors have no parts available is primarily because of emissions but my thought is how are the new ones better if they use as much or more fuel than the old ones over the years I haven't seen any great improvement with the ohv engine. Besides where are you going to find a new 8hp engine powered  tractor that will match say a 308 or one of the older horses with 5 or 6 hp that could use ground engaging  tools. Thats why we keep working on them. 

• Like 3