RedHorse54

1972 Wheel Horse Bronco 14

RedHorse54

heu guys, I have a chance to buy an all original Bronco 14. Original tires, original seat, original paint, original motor, original hood, etc.. Any idea of what I should pay? And I also have a chance to buy a 1960s one owner Round hood lawn ranger with a deck and nice original everything including paint. The guy said he had the Bronco running two months ago, but it won't start now because of the cold and minimal spark. I'm thinking that maybe a cleaning of the points or a new spark plug would do the trick. Anyway, do you guys think I should get the bronco or the Lawn ranger? If so how much should I pay? He's asking $450 For the Bronco and the guy with the lawn ranger is asking $400. Also, if you have a 1972 Bronco 14, could you attach some pictures of it? Thanks

Edited by RedHorse54
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Tankman

Like the cigar lighters on the older Horses. Would be great for my GPS if I run away!  :ph34r:

• Like 2

slammer302

I think his prices seem pretty fair. I would probably go with the lawn ranger but i kinda have a thing for the little horses. No herd is complete without a ranger. 

IMG_20150823_120749246.jpg

• Like 1

roadapples

Everybody likes the round hoods, but if your going to work it I`d go with the 14...my:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

Aldon

+ 1 for the Bronc!

• Like 2

ericj

:text-yeahthat: i say bronco to that's a good price, did you get it home yet  :ROTF:

eric j 

• Like 1

RedHorse54
1 minute ago, ericj said:

:text-yeahthat: i say bronco to that's a good price, did you get it home yet  :ROTF:

eric j 

Haha no, I'm going to truck home the Lawn Ranger, since it's a one owner machine. Thanks for the info and pictures everyone!:)

• Like 1

daveoman1966

In 73, I bought a 'Display' model 1972 Bronco 14 with 48" deck and dozer blade.  That is too long ago to remember what I paid for it but $1500 comes to mind.  I use it regularly for mowing 2 acres and for years used it for snow plowing.  Several years ago I grabbed a C-160 auto and now use it for snow removal.  Anyway....$450 sounds like a good price, but it is your money...not mine.    You'll really like the hydro lift and the auto trans.  CAUTION:  .. take EXTREMELY CARE to keep ANY DIRT or other DEBRIS out of the hydro trans.  Wipe off the dipstick and filler spout when checking fluid level and DO NOT overfill it.   

br 14 (1).jpg

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Bronco for work....Ranger for play.     Don't be a dull boy Jack.     Go for both.   :rolleyes:

• Like 2

RedHorse54

Hey guys, I picking up the all totally original lawn ranger for $300. Is that a good buy? 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:     You did good!   :text-bravo:

TDF5G

I would vote for all the above! 

WHX??

Pics please ....saved some on the LR so go make a offer on the Bronco!!:wwp:

• Like 1