littb169

269H

littb169

I have a 269H with a bad engine and hydraulic motor. In research there have been old posts of some of these sitting due to bad trannies, I would like to get this going but am finding it to be too cost prohibitive. The 52" deck looks close to new as well as the rest  of the body,(grill excepted). I would be interested in finding one for parts or selling mine. Would accept any reasonable offer. I live in SW Ohio.

TDF5G

Try posting an ad in the Classified section.

littb169

I saw the classifieds just after I posted this and posted it there as well

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rugerhound
      By Rugerhound
      Greetings everyone! 

I'm a new member to this forum and a new Wheel Horse A-100 owner.  I'd been looking for an inexpensive fixer-upper riding lawnmower to make my yardwork a little easier for an aging fellow like myself.   Snagged this A-100 for $250 that's in really decent shape for the most part.  The mower deck has some problems however, but the actual tractor is in great shape.  Doesn't look as though it was used much, and still has all the original tags on the Briggs  & Stratton stickers on the housings.  Engine sounds fine but the needle isn't shutting the fuel off properly, so it runs rough until it's revved up a bit.   The pedals have scarcely any paint worn from them.   Quite remarkable for a '77!  

So I have one of the blade shafts bound up, another that doesn't feel all that nifty.  I don't know if those bearings are sealed, or whether anyone might be able to clean 'em up and repack them for continued use.  Pulleys are in rough shape but I may be able to salvage them.    Any info on the bearings in the mower deck would be very helpful!   (Including recommended grease type, etc.)  

Also it needs a key... The Ignition switch is an INDAK 103991 which appears to cross to a Toro.   New switches are available, but does anyone know if it's possible to just purchase a replacement key?  

I'm guessing it takes typical non-detergent 30W oil...  It's a '77 model Briggs & Stratton 10 HP.  (Model 251707, code 77040412)  What fluid does the gearbox take?  

Thanks!!  

Regards,  Pete (Aka Rugerhound)