Sign in to follow this  
rwilson

whats it worth?

rwilson

I have a ford LGT 165 with no motor. I was just wondering what i could sell this chassis for with a good hydro stat rear. it also has a rear pto on it. abd there is tabs on the rear for lift arms. any clue? i'm guessin that it will need new sheet metal because it has been sitting for a long time.

TT

Sunday December 07, 2008 - 12:07 PM -- The RECYCLENET composite index lists Mixed Scrap Iron & Steel at $.064 / lb. and Sheet Iron Scrap (Sheet Tin) @ $.01 / lb. (seriously)

Sparky

Probably not worth anything to anyone on this forum. Your best bet is to invest the $5 into an E-Bay listing and let it go for whatever you can get. The Ford Lawn Tractor guys on E-Bay will let ya know what its worth by what they bid it up to. If you think it has some real value put a reserve on it but be prepared to keep it. Motorless stuff doesnt bring much and no one will be able to test the tranny.

Mike.............

BairleaFarm

Where are you located? any pics?

perry

the jacobsen/ford LGT can be worth decent money in parts to the right person. the steering gear is a weak point and if the front fiberglass grill is good its worth some $$. jacobsen parts are NLA / obsolete..

DMESS

Sunday December 07, 2008 - 12:07 PM -- The RECYCLENET composite index lists Mixed Scrap Iron & Steel at $.064 / lb. and Sheet Iron Scrap (Sheet Tin) @ $.01 / lb. (seriously)

:hide:

Kelly

Perrys right it's worth more in pieces, you can ship them all over that way, a rolling chasie is only going to sell local, I sold a rear PTO off one a year or so ago and got $75 for it the rest with blown engine sold for $50 I could have made more parting it out

TT

What can I say, Dustin? This is a Wheel Horse forum, isn't it? :D

rwilson

I am located in Mansfield Pa. 50 miles north of Williamsport. I will get some pictures today or tomorrow.

Deere Hunter

if you was closer, i'm sure my dad would be all over it. If it was the right price :hide:

rwilson

DEERE HUNTER let me get some pics for you and we will see what your dad will give me for it. I am willing to trade things too. I will get pics tomorrow while the wife is at work. where are you located?

rustyoldjunk

those are very tough machines and should be set up for a hydraulic 3 point,the hydro should be a 2 speed with hi-lo range and should be shaft driven.these seem transaxles were used under other brands of vintage hi end models of garden tractors including such models as the 14 and 16 hy-drive massey fergusons.

rwilson

i decided i'm gonna part it out and list things on ebay. i'll give you guys the link to my ebay page. But first i have to tear it apart. :hide:

rwilson

Here it is. Parting it out. parts are staring to go quick. basicly the hydrolic lift cylinder and valve are gone. so is the rear pto shaft. everything else is up for grabs. Let me know if you need or want anything and i will see about getting it for you. I will also trade for some wheel horse parts.

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

rwilson

What can I say, Dustin? This is a Wheel Horse forum, isn't it? :D

I may be mistaken but I'm sure this is the OTHER BRANDS section?

TT

I may be mistaken but I'm sure this is the OTHER BRANDS section?

You ARE correct..... but when you figure that the main reason we are here is because we own/use/collect/love Wheel Horse tractors & equipment, the majority of members won't have the slightest bit of interest in an off-brand tractor with no engine.

It's like showing up at "Super Chevy Sunday" driving a Pinto. :hide:

Rollerman

It's like showing up at "Super Chevy Sunday" driving a Pinto.

You know TT...my old science teacher in high school drag raced a pinto with a chevy big block. :D

Rod(NASNUT)

You know TT...my old science teacher in high school drag raced a pinto with a chevy big block. :D

That was one fast Ford :hide:

rwilson

I'm a Wheel horse nut. I got the ford for the motor. I thought befor i scrapped it out I would see if anyone on here, Maybe someone has an old ford that they needed parts for, Maybe to get running and driveable to sell?? oesnt hurt to ask ya know.

pond195520032003

what do you want for the pto set up+ shipping to 45695 s.e. ohio :hide:

big mike

Too bad he slowed the Pinto down by putting the boat anchor under the hood :hide:

Rod(NASNUT)

Too bad he slowed the Pinto down by putting the boat anchor under the hood :hide:

I will bet that boat anchor would go like hell :banana:

linen beige

I will bet that boat anchor would go like hell :banana:

You misunderstood what was meant by "It runs like hell."

I do know where there is a Nash Metropolitan with a 472 Caddy engine in it. Or rather a 472 Caddy engine with a Nash Metro body wrapped around it. It IS fast!

But it has a FORD rear end. Which just goes to show that in the end

First

On

Race

Day

gets it to the road.

rwilson

The PTO is sold. sorry.

Rod(NASNUT)

But it has a FORD rear end. Which just goes to show that in the end

First

On

Race

Day

gets it to the road.

First

On

Race

Day First to break down :hide: But it has a FORD rear end thats is the best part of a Ford the ass :D