Guess I gotta get to work.

20160124_084529[2].jpg

Hopefully that's a :wh: there on the back deck Zeek.   :occasion-snowman:

• Like 6

squonk
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Guess I gotta get to work.

20160124_084529[2].jpg

What's under the pile?   :confusion-confused: :)

• Like 3

can whlvr

man you guys got hammered,up here in Ontario not a flake,i havnt even used my throwers this year,had to get my bobcat out once because of wet slush,we seem to miss a lot of storms nowadays,a few years ago we used to get several storms with at least 12 inches or more,i had to buy a thrower for the horse because the 48 plow coulnt get through a lot of the storms,it would take too long and wat to hard on the tractor slamming huge piles hundreds and hundreds of times per snow fall,its strange how things change

• Like 4

cleat

Funny, we get the bad rap of all that Canadian snow.

Go figure..

I am sure we are not out of the woods yet however.

Cleat

• Like 5

ferguson65
5 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

all of you guys having issues with your blowers should pick up a tractor with a blade for backup!

There, fixed that for you. :)

I passed on plow that was offered to me on here.  If another 5xi plow shows up I'm buying it this time!   Don't care if it's a 4 hour ride.  Using my brothers Montgomery ward walk behind sucked!

Edited by ferguson65
  • Like 4

WNYPCRepair
3 minutes ago, ferguson65 said:

I passed on a blue that was offered to me on here.  If another 6 I blade shows up I'm buying it this time!   Don't care if it's a 4 hour ride.  Using my brothers Montgomery ward walk behind sucked!

the he guy doesn't still have the one you were offered?. 

A regular WH blade could be modified to fit. handle would be the hardest part, but not impossible

• Like 2

squonk

A balmy 50 in the cab! :) I always find it funny, after a big storm rolls thru the next day it's blue skies. Like it sucked all the clouds away. I haven't seen blue in weeks.:rolleyes:

• Like 9

Zeek
5 hours ago, squonk said:

What's under the pile?   :confusion-confused: :)

That is our patio table believe it or not :unsure:

• Like 5

squonk
  • Whew!!!! I was worried there was a Tecky under that! :)
  • Like 6

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, squonk said:

A balmy 50 in the cab! :) 

Look again Mike....that's 60 in the cab...32 outside.     :rolleyes:

• Like 3

squonk

Actually 58 if I blow up the pic. :lol:

• Like 3

Lagersolut

I picked this blower up from a fellow Red Square member last summer and not only is the 315-8 walking the dog with this thing.....I'm love'n it . :ychain:

Getting the mailboxes cleared out - D-way is done

5jrz91.jpg

Edited by Lagersolut
Add
  • Like 9

rokon
6 hours ago, Theroundhousernr said:

Well I lucked out... The blower performed wonderfully. I did mine and the neighbors. Even waited to the end of the storm. Thought I may have pushed the limits a bit to far but never got stuck and never clogged the blower!  Wheel Horse Power!! Also my new mod to the blower worked wonderfully. Anyone care to guess what mod I may have done from the pictures. I will be making a post on the shortly. Also cant recommend a cab enough, specially in these conditions. I would not sell it for a million dollars. Dry, warm. and having fun. Snow was as high as the hood in most spots

416 garage door.jpg

416 blowing snow.jpg

416 blowing a path.jpg

electric chute rotation

• Like 6

953 nut

56a56355e58fb_snowinFL.jpg.7e2b6ab79d525

• Like 6

varosd

more pic's

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

• Like 7

857 horse

OK guys,,,,,total was about 16 inches in Northern Virginia.....I believe my 1-857,,,worked to the limit.....3 speed in 2nd did  great....3rd was great with a solid start....4 driveways....took about an hour each,,,,,,,My neighbor told me he went to Lowes and looking for a tractor like mine.....Couildnt find one....came back to my house and wants to know where they are sold....When i explained it was 50 years old.....he almost feel over.............

Next year i want to fill the tires.....I would love to see someone fill a set at the BIG SHOW.......the engine never slowed down...just the deep snow and spinning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Squonk,,,you out there???   this might require pie,,,,,,No grape ..........But  2 very deep Apple will be arriving in a chilly cooler....

• Like 5

squonk

All I need is Cool Whip, electricity and your fluid of choice! :)

• Like 2

rjg854

I filled my tires the gravity way. I took the core out of the valve stem crammed a clear plastic tube over the valve stem and stuck a funnel in the tube.  I had the tire laying on a 2x4 with the valve stem on the high side. I just filled the funnel and let it drain into the tire. Just kept doing that until I couldn't get any more rv antifreeze in it. Replaced the core and put @ 12# of air in the tire. 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-+1:   Yep,  gravity worked fine on mine.  I cut the bottom out of a plastic gallon jug for the funnel and hung it about 5' above the tire to get more pressure. 

• Like 1

WheelHorse_of_course

So I went back out this afternoon to do the front walk. My car was parked in front of the walk (mental note made) so I had to not only chew through the pile on the side of the road, but had to climb up the lawn to get to the walk. Not sure how the lawn will survive...

After that I helped clear a neighbors car and then the fire hydrant. The snow what getting pretty dense/packed and clogging was a pita. Went to help the guy across the street that had his troupe of kids and had to shut down to clear the shoot. Next neighbor down came up and told me there was a 92 year old lady across the street he tries to help in storms. He was impressed with the tractor and even more so when I told him it was a 1969. Anyway I went to the ladies house and got 1 1/2 passes before the belt finally gave it up - it never broke but it kept coming off the pulley. It came with the used blower and had some damage and then got damaged on the back side some more when the idler froze. I think I had a spare, but my last move was a disaster so I don't know for sure.

Will buy one this week.

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Yup rokon guessed right... electric chute rotation.

Neighbor saw me out blowing at 7:00 pm last night. Got about half done and took a break to give me and the blower a break. Turns out the neighbors walk behind bit the dust when he tried starting it. His driveway is twice mine and all he had was a shovel. He asked me about doing his next and I said sure as long as she stays together. Two tanks of gas later and we where done at 11:00 pm. No parts flew off. Thank god. Really was hard on it though. It was over 4 foot in his driveway thanks to a retaining wall. Had to hit it first with the blower in the air and then drop it for a second swype. Just kept on chewing away at it. When I was done , he said, thats a pretty impressive machine. I said yup, dont make them like they used to.

snow 416.jpg

snow 4162.jpg

These photos where from today clearing the dog a poop area and trying to get the horse stables to wake the sleeping gt14 with the snowplow to finish the driveways.

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 8