leeave96

What Blizzard?????

ericj

that's why i have so many horses and back ups for the back ups. my wife just doesn't under stand why i prepare for the snow storms the way i do go figure lol

eric j

• Like 3

Lagersolut
3 hours ago, ekennell said:

Well, the 520 was trying to kick the door down, so I got it opened for him.

IMG_5343.thumb.JPG.dc42987e00c4e6c55c4c2

OK, how do we attack that ??

WOT, and hang on.

IMG_5348.thumb.JPG.a9f124cacb07139295a1b

And 15 minutes later....We done.

IMG_5346.thumb.JPG.d078b2e39cfed910846a0

You got something going on in those pics that's gonna happen to my winter Horses - >  chains on the front wheels - I'll buy a set and cut them down if need be - tired of the steering tires walking on me .

• Like 2

953 nut
3 minutes ago, Lagersolut said:

the steering tires walking on me

That would take all the fun out of it! I tilt the blade in the direction of the drop-off ( did I mention, I live on a mountain side?) and ride the berm all the way down. On the real steep portions the rear tires with chains will slide a little if there isn't a lot of snow in front of the blade. Plowing snow is almost as good as a carnival ride especially if there is ice under the snow like this morning. Forecast is for a sunny day tomorrow, should melt off the ice and let us get out.

• Like 5

ferguson65
51 minutes ago, ericj said:

that's why i have so many horses and back ups for the back ups. my wife just doesn't under stand why i prepare for the snow storms the way i do go figure lol

eric j

I still think I know where there is a 518xi I can grab cheap.  High hours and the pto clutch is going.  But IF I could find a plow for it..........

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Lagersolut said:

You got something going on in those pics that's gonna happen to my winter Horses - >  chains on the front wheels - I'll buy a set and cut them down if need be - tired of the steering tires walking on me .

If you use them with a blower make sure they clear the belt when turned to the left.  They get pretty close.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Nice cab....probable has heat too.  How do you get in ?

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 3

WheelHorse_of_course

Well the snowfall has nearly stopped. Looks like 20+. In fact the wind has died down for now.  I saw 2 guys with snow throwers clean up the driveway across the street. They took a couple of passes along the street side of my car (thanks).

I can still tell where I cleared the driveway. Room mate was able to back into the driveway ok. More to do tomorrow!

WNYPCRepair
3 minutes ago, ekennell said:

Nice cab....probable has heat too.  How do you get in ?

Good question. My dad looked at a tiny little car in the 70's where the front end swung open like a door. 

I'm considering plowing the 3" of snow on my lawn into my driveway so I can try out my blowers. :)

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

When you finish plowing , you can pick it up put it in your car trunk or pick up and drive away. 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Those front door minis made in the 70s were Isettas.1957 BMW Other 300

• Like 4

WheelHorse_of_course
11 hours ago, wera512 said:

Picked up my first Wheel Horse this fall and thought I was ready for snow.Keep having trouble keeping it running.Can  C120 with single stage blower handle 10+ inches of snow?

I kept having problems with carb and then found a broken wire on ignition switch that soldered by a previous owner.Will work on that today and hope to dig out later.Noticed a couple of splices in the wiring harness.What are the chances of finding an unmolested harness?

Thanks,Tom

My Charger 12 is the daddy of the C-120 and does ok. You can definitely bog down the engine if you bite off more than it can chew. Have to slow down then.

The hard part is steering - I may remove the drift cutters on the sides as the pull you in when doing a partial bit. I just hope my belt holds out!

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed You have been watching "pickers" too often

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Like 1

cleat
3 hours ago, ferguson65 said:

We got plenty of blizzard here in SE PA.   The Horse failed miserably though.  Broke a tie rod end 10 feet from the shed.  Rigged that up got 1/3 of the driveway done and the blower ate the belt.  No spare.   Have 3 plus foot deep drifts and about 20" so far.   Not a good storm to lose the tractor! 

20160123_145006.jpg

20160123_145015.jpg

The blower on my old Ford was like that, every time you had it out something would break. Drove me nuts.

Tractor was fine, blower was a nightmare.

Good luck getting yours up and running again.

Cleat

WNYPCRepair
23 minutes ago, ekennell said:

Those front door minis made in the 70s were Isettas.1957 BMW Other 300

Yep, that is it. Same color even. I was about 12 or 13, and I thought it was the coolest car in the world, except my head stuck out the sunroof when I sat down, and I am only 6' tall. 

The auto shop teacher had one too

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1

thehorse

Been there....today!

image.jpeg

• Like 9

Ed Kennell

I used to shuttle those from the docks in Philly to a dealer in York.   I never felt too safe driving them on the expressway with my knees against the front door.

• Like 2

ferguson65
45 minutes ago, cleat said:

The blower on my old Ford was like that, every time you had it out something would break. Drove me nuts.

Tractor was fine, blower was a nightmare.

Good luck getting yours up and running again.

Cleat

Parts are all ordered.  Got the tie rod end to replace the one that broke and a spare for both the axle end and the lower assembly end.  Will not get bit on that again.  And I'm going to have spare belts on hand for everything as this is so frustrating.  I've owned this setup 7 years and the blower has never given me a single issue.  I just replaced the drive chain and found the idler bearings were whooped too.  Those are also ordered.  It's not going to help me any this storm, but It will hopefully be whole and in A1 condition for the next one.

• Like 5

roadapples

I`m just glad we got this on the week end,,,,,,oh that's right, I`m retired...

• Like 6

squonk
6 hours ago, ferguson65 said:

Parts are all ordered.  Got the tie rod end to replace the one that broke and a spare for both the axle end and the lower assembly end.  Will not get bit on that again.  And I'm going to have spare belts on hand for everything as this is so frustrating.  I've owned this setup 7 years and the blower has never given me a single issue.  I just replaced the drive chain and found the idler bearings were whooped too.  Those are also ordered.  It's not going to help me any this storm, but It will hopefully be whole and in A1 condition for the next one.

After you fix it, NO MORE SNOW FOR YOU! :)

• Like 2

953 nut

56a4cccc76248_snowlumps.thumb.jpg.d4128d

• Like 9

ferguson65
2 hours ago, squonk said:

After you fix it, NO MORE SNOW FOR YOU! :)

If that works, I'm ok with it!  I'm always ok with not having to deal with the snow.

• Like 5

clip

The GT1600 and 48" blade did well, first time I've used it in the snow. In total we got about 12", I plowed three times Friday to keep up with it and a final pass Saturday night to clear the drifts and what had been built up at the road. 

The Vredesteins steered well and Tru-Powers with 2-links worked out great, but I could have used some more weight in the rear. Next season I'll switch back to the turfs and load them with liquid plus the wheel weights. 

No issues with the snow blade (except where to put all the snow!), all of you guys having issues with your blowers should pick up a blade for backup! I could have definitely used a blower this time around.

• Like 2

Zeek

Guess I gotta get to work.

20160124_084529[2].jpg

• Like 8

WNYPCRepair
51 minutes ago, clip said:

all of you guys having issues with your blowers should pick up a blade for backup!

all of you guys having issues with your blowers should pick up a tractor with a blade for backup!

There, fixed that for you. :)

• Like 4