Sign in to follow this  
KyleHorse

416H no volts or hour meter

KyleHorse

my new to me 416H has no volts or hour meter, i see from schematics that oil pressure unit must come on first before volts or hour meter works. are these prone to sending units going bad or should i be looking elsewhere??  i unhooked all connectors clean and reassembled, everything looked good and corrosion free.   the hour meter shows 495 hours and that should be close cause it starts and runs great and previous owner used it sparingly.   any info on where to look would be appreciated.  also the test lights work but oil pressure light blinks running or not.

gwest_ca

See if these diagrams help. If you don't have a 1990 or 1991 model post your serial number.

I believe all oil lights flash if they are activated. The only one that does

Appears a 15 amp fuse powers a pink wire common to all three.

Garry.

Martin

check your fuses. more than once I've lost power to the gauges or had erratic behavior from them due to a bad connection at the fuse. Cant remember which one for the gauges, but it would pay to check all three anyway.

also check the 9 pin connector at the engine/main harness connection for burnt connectors etc. notorious for problems there as well. 

there is another 9 pin up higher on the mid 90s models that might need a look too, not sure if all years had them though.

Edited by Martin

rmaynard

Yes, the oil pressure sending units can go bad.

• Like 1