Sign in to follow this  
grine_22

wiring question

grine_22

I know I have ran across it before,  but I have 12 HP Kohler with gen/start on it, I know I need a keyswitch w B, I, S on it, can anyone tell me a toro pn and is this a keyswitch that is grounded or no? Thanks. 

gwest_ca

What is the model number of your tractor?

Does the switch have 3 keys positions or 4 positions?

Early 1968 production model 1-6231

If you have points ignition using a tall round ignition coil with a condenser connected to the (-) coil terminal you have battery ignition and no ignition switch ground is required. Ignition terminal on the switch identified with an I (eye). Uses 7263 (Threads 9/16"-24) 3-terminal 3-position BAT-IGN-ST ignition switch

Late 1968 production model 1-6231

If you have points and a magneto under the flywheel this is magneto ignition and a ground is required on the ignition switch. Ignition terminal on the switch is identified with an M

If you have breakerless ignition with an odd shaped ignition coil this is also treated like magneto ignition and a ground is required on the ignition switch. Ignition terminal on the switch is identified with an M

Uses (~7572 3-terminal 3-position B-M-S) replaced by 101482 3-terminal 3-position B-M-S ignition switch

Garry

• Like 1

grine_22

Thank you I appreciate the help.  I have an early production 68. Picked up a switch that will work for me.