378Pete

Why do you guys have so many Wheel Horses

BOB ELLISON
On 1/12/2016 at 8:32 PM, Jimf413 said:

I have 9 Wheel Horse tractors but my favorites are the three C160's the 416 and two 800's one of the C160's is a Hydro with a 42" Bolens mower deck.

I never owned a wheel horse before AUG 2015.but i needed to replace my 15 year old craftsman rider that I've used to cut grass and plow in winter. it has held up nicely because l took good care  of it.i looked for other options on a good tractor. i ended up here at red square and said to myself with all this info i would buy a wheel horse 520h. i got a nice one and next thing i was hooked.but the c160 is my favorite  i have a nice b80 i want  to redo when weather  brakes. i really enjoy working on them. 

• Like 6

jackhammer

If any of you fellas need a support person to talk with, feel free to pm me along with a picture,price and phone number of the addiction that is weighing on you

• Like 9

Shynon

As the saying goes, "If I have to explain you wouldn't understand" That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 7

ericj
2 hours ago, jackhammer said:

If any of you fellas need a support person to talk with, feel free to pm me along with a picture,price and phone number of the addiction that is weighing on you

i have 4 listed in the classified section right now for sale. IF I had the room to keep them and didn't have the township on my a$$ i would keep them. I know i'm going to regret aelling at least 3 of them if they go

eric j 

WH4FUN

I tell everyone my wife has a problem and all do is try and counsel her when she buys another one. I think she has around 20 and I just have a 401. I do enjoy keeping them going for her and picking them up. She enjoys keeping me busy and out of trouble this way. I will have take count again and see what she has. It has been better this last year she has been after attachments like a dual gang disk, front reel mower for her 704, plow for the 702, lawn vac and a few other items.

• Like 5

DennisThornton
On 1/16/2016 at 8:26 AM, jackhammer said:

Ahhh, I like that!  Sort of wish it worked that way!  I'm afraid it would only make it worse with added regret and depression...

Edited by DennisThornton
s
  • Like 2

woodchuckfarmer

I just cant help myself . 18 right now

• Like 3

ericj
2 minutes ago, woodchuckfarmer said:

I just cant help myself . 18 right now

rookie lol i have 25 or more that run or could run easily and i don't even count the 10 or more parts tractors sitting around, that's why even though i hate to do it bur i need to move some tractors or start storing some off site which i might end up doing here shortly

eric j

• Like 1

JimD

You guys got this all wrong. There's no such thing as a Wheel Horse addiction, sickness, depression, anxiety, or affliction. There is only

DENIAL!!  DENY, DENY, DENY, DENY, DENY, DENY, DENY, DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY,DENY, :lol:

• Like 8

AMC RULES

:angry-nono:   Denial is for, you know...

"that guy" who only ownes one :wh: . 

• Like 3

378Pete
20 hours ago, ericj said:

rookie lol i have 25 or more that run or could run easily and i don't even count the 10 or more parts tractors sitting around, that's why even though i hate to do it bur i need to move some tractors or start storing some off site which i might end up doing here shortly

eric j

The name of my farm is Off Site, bring em on over

• Like 2

DennisThornton

Gadds!  This affliction is even worse than I thought!  Thank goodness we all gather here to fight it make sure it doesn't get any worse! :text-lol:

RedRanger

I'm honestly beginning to believe some of you folks actually have a problem!   :lol:

Blaming the wives, government after you for breaking local ordinance, ...

JimD
16 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:angry-nono:   Denial is for, you know...

"that guy" who only ownes one :wh: . 

Well I have four, so I guess I just upped the ante. :teasing-neener::handgestures-thumbsup:

rjg854

I only have 3 :eusa-think:  strays have yet to be found

squonk
On 1/15/2016 at 6:25 AM, AMC RULES said:

Now! Now! Don't be too hasty.  :angry-nono:

As a last resort, there's always plan C to fall back on...

you could always try getting the Mrs into the :wh: hobby too. 

5698d711a8c40_IMG_0124(2).JPG.98e4472438

She drives better than you Craig! :) :teasing-poke: :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Yeah, well...   B)

she's like Stevie Wonder in reverse. 

• Like 1

cleat

My Mrs. drives the little 111-6. She can't reach the pedals on the 520's.

But getting her own Wheel Horse keeps her quiet about mine.

569e686d626fd_111-6justhome2.thumb.jpg.e569e6877267dc_Grasscuttingteam20155.thum569e6867b308d_AllwheelhorsesoutJuly12015

Cleat

• Like 6

378Pete

I am using all these posts to prove to my wife that I am actually just normal like everybody else. 

• Like 3

WHX??

Convince  her Cleat the 111 is actually a rear engine dragster!:ychain:

• Like 1

Aldon

I started to let things get out of hand and decided to just spend more on the ones I have.

I am hoping to wrap up the GT14 resto to make the trip to the show.

I have been able to keep the new acquisition bug in check once I picked up and then sold the C195 last Summer.

I have enough implements to refurb once the tractor is done, so hopefully by start of summer, I will have the tractor count back down to 2.

I will consider it a triumph over the addiction if I hold to maximum of two tractors.

One worker and one project. I like working on them so much that Ill likely have something in project mode the rest of my days.

• Like 1

WHX??
20 minutes ago, Aldon said:

I have enough implements to refurb

Here let me finnish that sentence properly for you Aldon... and then I need a tractor for each implement beacause it's a pain swapping them out and it gets worse as I get older. Sides if I have as many horses as I do implements I have more batteries to keep charged....:wacko:

• Like 2

Aldon

I think it will very likely evolve to that......

• Like 2

ACman

I look it like this , you can go from parts tractor , to get up and running to over the top resto. It's all about what you want , and can afford . I like them all , to me it's a cheap hobby keeps my mind busy . It could be a lot worse , say restoring another horse ( FERRARIS ) there red and have nice sounding engine . I'll stick to my:wh:'s there cheaper , I can have many , and I can store many in a small place .

WHEEL HORSE RULES !!!

• Like 4

378Pete
52 minutes ago, ACman said:

I look it like this , you can go from parts tractor , to get up and running to over the top resto. It's all about what you want , and can afford . I like them all , to me it's a cheap hobby keeps my mind busy . It could be a lot worse , say restoring another horse ( FERRARIS ) there red and have nice sounding engine . I'll stick to my:wh:'s there cheaper , I can have many , and I can store many in a small place .

WHEEL HORSE RULES !!!

I agree 100%. Very little money and alot of satisfaction.

• Like 1