Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

front spindle questions

dgjks6

I was looking at the parts diagram for my 312 and the front spindle is listed part number 113380 and the description as "RH spindle WA*"

and they also have part number 113382 - which is "Spindle ASM - RH"

I thought one was just the spindle and the other was an "assembly" - but the toro parts store only has them as $.34 difference is cost.

What is ASM vs. WA*?

Duff

As another owner of a 312-8 and soon to have at least one, possibly two more, I'll be very interested in the answer to this, too! :hide:

Wouldn't it be grand if Toro could just take the time to spell out the differences for us poor schmucks out here in WH-land? :D

Thanks for getting the question out there! Maybe while the experts are answering your question they can answer one for me: if I wanted to go up to an 8" rim for the stock 312-8 spindle, what other models will fit it? My current 312-8 has the 37" SD deck and I'm happy staying with the 6" wheels, but the soon to arrive one will become a grading, hauling tractor......

Thanks!

Duff :hide:

JimD

As another owner of a 312-8 and soon to have at least one, possibly two more, I'll be very interested in the answer to this, too! :hide:

Wouldn't it be grand if Toro could just take the time to spell out the differences for us poor schmucks out here in WH-land? :D

Thanks for getting the question out there! Maybe while the experts are answering your question they can answer one for me: if I wanted to go up to an 8" rim for the stock 312-8 spindle, what other models will fit it? My current 312-8 has the 37" SD deck and I'm happy staying with the 6" wheels, but the soon to arrive one will become a grading, hauling tractor......

Thanks!

Duff :omg:

duff if i remeber correctly, from what i've read here, the 8 inch wheels are only a problem if you're using the 37 inch deck with them. the deck will hit the wheels in the turns. guys, correct me if i'm wrong about this. i thought i was wrong once, turns out i was mistaken.... :hide:

Duff

duff if i remeber correctly, from what i've read here, the 8 inch wheels are only a problem if you're using the 37 inch deck with them. the deck will hit the wheels in the turns. guys, correct me if i'm wrong about this. i thought i was wrong once, turns out i was mistaken.... :hide:

Hi, Jim, and thanks! :hide:

Yeah, I knew the 8" wheels created an issue with the 37" deck, so I'm leaving the 6's on that tractor. On my new one, though I want to move up to 8's and was just trying to figure out what other models I might be able to get them from without having to research spindle sizes. I know some models use a longer and thicker spindle , so I'm trying to find out which ones would be a direct fit.

Cheers!

Duff :D

mcwh1950

dgjks6

I think I figured out the difference. Guy on ebay was selling pn# 113379 and pn #113382. He said one was a left and one was a right spindle, but that one was a little taller than the other. My theory is that pn#113379 and 113380 are longer for the 6 inch rims and #113381 and 113382 are shorter for the 8 inch rims. I am going to get one to confirm my theory, but if this is the case you can buy the spindles at jacks small engines for I think about $14.00 each.

Greg

TT

Your theory is correct..... and here's a few more numbers to put on your search list:

110956 & 110957 should be the longer spindles for the 6" rims on the 300 series in the mid 80's.

110212 & 110213 are the shorter spindles for the 8" wheels (414/416/417/418, etc.)

Irv

I put 8" wheels on my 310-8 and 312-8 that I got on ebay. I just made sure they were for 3/4" axles and the width at the center was correct. If I remember correctly, they were off of older wheel horses.