chorusguy

neutral adjustment

chorusguy

Posted here before but can't seem to get a really clear answer.  C160 auto creeps forward.  I have the manual but it isn't very clear.  Need to adjust neutral.  Mentions Allen wrench but I don't even see an Allen screw anywhere.  Please please help me with this.  Thanks

stevasaurus

Do you have the Hydro Manual??  Page about 19.  :)

You have to remove the cover on the front, the set screw is under that.  This is something that I have not done, but the hydro manual seems clear.

chorusguy

OK.  Finally sort of figured it out.  The manual is pretty useless. Part of the problem is that they identify parts using specific names that aren't intuitive.  I had the parts manual so between looking at the exploded view, the owners manual and the tractor I figured it out.  There is only one set screw but the manual says "set screws".  I got it adjusted but its not perfect.  Will give it another shot on a day when I have more patience.  At least it doesn't creep in neutral anymore.  

• Like 3

chorusguy

Thanks.  Much better picture there

• Like 1

608KEB

If you can, block the rear wheels. Push your brake in and adjust the allen screw until the wheels will not turn . Test it several times. 

Edited by 608KEB