DougC

Engine To Hydro Drive Belt Price '88 520H

DougC

Before I call my local dealer and have him order a new drive belt I wanted to know what you guys pay and where you buy from. Mine is all worn out with chunks missing from the V part of the belt in a few places. Any advice, part numbers and sources to buy correct belt from would be appreciated  Also where can I buy the knob and fastener for the drive belt tension release lever? 

Martin

I get all my WH belts on eBay. Sometimes you need to be patient for some of the part numbers but generally i can usually find new oem belts still in the bag for 50-75% of my dealers price.

Just took a quick look, there are a couple 520 H belts (114895) new and still bagged ranging in price from $27.99 to $34.99. Not sure what the dealer price is now, last time i got quoted around $40 and that was about 2 years ago.

Edited by Martin
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

Hey Doug,  for your knob, click on Glenn Pettit in the vendor section.

• Like 2

WHX??

I get alot of my WH/Toro  parts from a dealer in NC who sells on 'bay alot.  Resonable prices I think anyway & always includes shipping. killian3790 on ebay. Belts I usually go to NAPA or research what I should be paying on the net. Somewhere here a member had a good site for belts too, I think it might have been @Snowmobileaddict, if I run across it I'll post it.

By golly Doug I was smart enough to add it to favorites http://www.vbelts4less.com/ If a fellow member likes it it's worth checkin out.

• Like 1

Snowmobileaddict

Yep, that's the site alright.

Use this http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/toro_belts.asp to lookup your factory belt dimensions and then find a belt on vbelts for less that is a close match.

A lot of OEM belts claim to spec out in between 2 industrial belt sizes.  However, I have found that going up or down to the nearest generic belt size works fine.  All my applications has plenty of idler/tensioner take-up to account for any minor differences in belt size.

• Like 2

clip

I've bought the last 7 of 8 belts on Amazon with no trouble, all were Gates Hi-Power or similar. Excellent results as long as you know which belt number you need. Sure beats paying 30-40% more at Napa for the same exact thing.

• Like 1

WHX??

Yeah I hear Clip, 'nother member had a post a couple of threads down said he just got one for his c series off Amazon Prime for 20 bucks. I got a bro who gives me the good guy discount at NAPA and there still 25-35 bucks.

Somewhere here ther is a handy WH belt cross pdf but I'll be damned if I can find it now....

Edited by WHX6

Snowmobileaddict

I was shocked to see what Toro wanted for a 5xi belt that runs the mower deck via the mule drive.

Here is the comparison:

Toro Genuine Belt Part Number : 95-4094

This site gives the dimensional info for Toro belts:  http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/toro_belts.asp

It says that the factory belt is 96.72" long.  That's the outer dimension of the belt loop.  So, I went to vbelts4less.com and bought an equivalent belt, the B94 standard belt.  B section belts are named for their inner circumference.  The outer circumference on a B section belt is always 3" longer so 97" long.  A whole 0.28" longer than stock.  It works fine and maybe its not total coincidence that the last 2 digits of the Toro part number are "94" and the cross reference is a B94 belt.

The best part is the Toro genuine belt is $48 on Amazon.  The generic B94 from vbelts is $8.06.  It has lasted me over 3 seasons mowing and is just staring to fray, its got about 90-100 hours on it. 

I bought a blue Kevlar belt to replace it from vbelts4less and haven't put it on yet.  I'll probably do that in the spring  Its a stronger material and its only $18.80 on vbelts4less.  It costs double the standard B94 belt and if it lasts double the time, it will be what I use from now on.  Otherwise a standard belt that costs $8 every 3 years is peanuts. 

The belt size chart says the 114895 Belt for the 520H is a B-section belt that is 82.95" long.  So nearly 83".

You would subtract 3" to get the belt "B-Size".  Closest being a B80.  The standard rubber belt is $6.86 and the Kevlar option is $15.98.

If the 520H has a forgiving, spring loaded type belt tensioner to take up salck, the tiny belt size difference is negligible.

Edited by Snowmobileaddict
  • Like 1