snowhound

Cab Question

snowhound

Has anyone trucked a tractor with a cab on it?  I would be going about 11 miles with a top speed of 45 mph.

MalMac

It will beat it up. I seen one going way less than that and it tore it up but good. I would suggest taking all covering off including the top. leave the frame but everything else off. If you don't take the top off it will catch a lot of wind. 

• Like 3

608KEB

I hauled one about 15 miles. I didn't go over 25 mph. I took back roads. I would take the canvas off.

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

I hauled mine several miles @35 MPH with no problem.  It did have the glass windshield

I have hauled boats with full stand up canvas for years with no problems at 35 MPH.   Above 35 seems to be where things start to flap and get nasty.

• Like 1

DougC

If you know anybody with an enclosed trailer it would be worth trying to bribe them to haul it for you or rent an enclosed U-haul if you plan on infrequent  hauling. Otherwise I agree with the consensus of removing the panels and roof. 

KC9KAS

Or you could wrap the entire cab in duct tape! :ROTF:

"If the women don't find you handsome, at least find you handy"! Red Green

• Like 4

squonk

It's really not hard to take the panels and roof off.

snowhound

Thanks for the replies, I thought removing the panels and roof would be the way to go but wanted to know what others thought and yes the handyman's secret weapon would hold it together but removing it might prove fatal to the panels..

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Re the cab, my comments. A few more weeks of warm weather and there will be dozens of them for sale here. Lol

Sorry guys,,,,,,,,,,,,just couldnt resist saying that.

Glenn

• Like 1

Wishin4a416
21 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Re the cab, my comments. A few more weeks of warm weather and there will be dozens of them for sale here. Lol

Sorry guys,,,,,,,,,,,,just couldnt resist saying that.

Glenn

60,s here this weekend Glenn.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

70+ here on Monday!

• Like 2

c-series don

Ok I had the same delema and a friend let me borrow an enclosed trailer. Prior to that I was going to see if I could get a big a.. refrigerator box and slip it over the cab. Call me crazy but I think for a short trip I think it would work. Or not !!!! 

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
3 hours ago, Wishin4a416 said:

60,s here this weekend Glenn.

I know Jack, is this crazy? Ok ok, if you beg a little I will take that cab off your hands. Lol

Glenn

48 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Ok I had the same delema and a friend let me borrow an enclosed trailer. Prior to that I was going to see if I could get a big a.. refrigerator box and slip it over the cab. Call me crazy but I think for a short trip I think it would work. Or not !!!! 

Ok, your crazy. But, so am I

Glenn

• Like 1