1978c81

Just picked up my new 753 at Fastenal

AlwaysLookin80

That's awesome 

mikekot3

How much was freight from where to where?

RedRanger

I like!  Gonna be difficult to back off with that grader blade on there.

I see some partial disassembly needed.

Looking forward to more pictures!  The 7 series are my favorite this month since I recently picked up my 702.

I think I see hydraulics tucked up in there too!

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 1

Wishin4a416

Looks like a nice machine. Cant wait to see it unveiled.  And I think that shipping was fair enough.

• Like 1

mikekot3

What was the weight of the machine? Was there a palletizing fee?

WHX??

Put a big bow on it and  got yerself a nice Chrismas present all wrapped up like that.

Hydraulic? Duals? 753? what more can a guy ask for  ok maybe a DXI with an FEL but lets not get greedy.

32 minutes ago, Wishin4a416 said:

And I think that shipping was fair enough.

150 would only buy the gas one way less ya had a Prius

7 minutes ago, mikekot3 said:

What was the weight of the machine? Was there a palletizing fee?

How did the overall Fastenal thing go?? questions questions .... we want answers....and more :text-coolphotos:

DennisThornton

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  I sure hope Santa is listening! 

That sure looks good through the plastic!

1978c81

Fastenal is truly a breeze. Very easy to work with. They had a sticker on the package stating 250lbs. I thought it would be heavier than that. The duals and Hy2 as well as the headlights is what intrigued me about this beauty.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice :wh: score...

I'm thinking someone underestimated the weight a bit, might be why it was so cheap to ship. 

Wonder, on which end was the shipping quote initiated? 

Important to note here...Fastenal can really be hit or miss on the cheap shipping fees. 

1978c81

I put down 700 lbs. I initiated the quote. I get there and the tag says 250lbs. I asked the guy and he had no clue.

AMC RULES

You've definitely got a good thing going with your local rep...

I should have had you ship me the cultivators from your end. 

For future reference...

56662d58447e6_1963Specs.jpg.3cee0aa8d312

• Like 1

squonk

It's also hit and miss if the folks at your Fastenal have a clue to what they are doing! 

• Like 2

tractorhogg

They quoted me 125.00 to ship two wheel weights from New York to Oklahoma, I could have flown them one way on Southwest Airlines for that. The last three times I had snow plows shipped 150 a pop, two wheels and tires 125. Sometimes they arrive in one city 15 miles south of me, sometimes in a city 15 miles east of me. I specify my home store, but it doesn't seem to matter and if the one guy that knows how to do the paperwork is not there I have to come back when he is.

• Like 1

Terry M

I think I'd be willing to try Fastenal. I've done some really long road trips just to get what I wanted.   Don't get me wrong, I love road tripping for tractor stuff, and you guys have some really good points on the subject. But when you add up your Time,Mileage ,Gas , Maybe a night or two in a hotel.....The Fastenal way starts to look more attractive!!!  

Just my own thoughts:)

• Like 2

tractorhogg
2 minutes ago, Terry M said:

I think I'd be willing to try Fastenal. I've done some really long road trips just to get what I wanted.   Don't get me wrong, I love road tripping for tractor stuff, and you guys have some really good points on the subject. But when you add up your Time,Mileage ,Gas , Maybe a night or two in a hotel.....The Fastenal way starts to look more attractive!!!  

Just my own thoughts:)

Its probably okay for parts and attachments, but I want to see any tractor I buy.

• Like 1

Terry M
1 minute ago, tractorhogg said:

Its probably okay for parts and attachments, but I want to see any tractor I buy.

I would agree :).

• Like 1

wh500special
2 hours ago, Terry M said:

I would agree :).

Bah!  I've bought lots of them sight unseen.

FWIW:  Their weight was way off.  Just the other night I drove an 867 with 36" deck on the scale at work and recorded 532 lbs.

tractorhogg
8 minutes ago, wh500special said:

Bah!  I've bought lots of them sight unseen.

FWIW:  Their weight was way off.  Just the other night I drove an 867 with 36" deck on the scale at work and recorded 532 lbs.

Really, did you have them shipped or just buy them sight unseen and go pick them up? Can you say how many and what it cost for what tractors? If you can them real cheap and you may flip them it doesn't really matter, but when the shipping cost exceed the value of the trator then you have to start considering why you are buying them.

bmsgaffer

I just sent off my 20th or so shipment through fastenal.

They have been quoting high lately because they have a new automated quoting system since their 3pl traffic has gone up so much. But I have always asked them to double check it if i think its out of line based on my experience and they usually lower it. My last shipment to Maine got cut in half from $150 to $75.

Yea if i dont ship from my usual store it can take them a bit longer to figure it out but if I am the one initiating the quote, then I have never once had one go the wrong store. Longest travel time was like 10 days, most get there in less than 6.

Heckuva lot  cheaper than LTL freight as long as you understand what you are dealing with.

• Like 4

tractorhogg

I have used Fastenal's 3PL close to a dozen times. It really doesn't bother me so much which local store they get it to, or if it take 2 days or 2 weeks. I have called them to ask about the price once and they did lower it 10 dollars from 165 to 155 for one snow plow. FedEX is pretty close to Fastenal and I think they maybe using a similar system to quote rates. It just seems that every quote is 150-160, even for a set of wheels and tires. I buy alot of tires online and most times I buy the ones that offer free shipping, they must get a great deal for bulk shipping to still make a profit on tires that are competitively priced.

tractorhogg

I sure didn't mean in anyway that it wasn't a good deal or a smart move. Most of my tractors have quite a bit of hydraulics on them and I found that these things seem to disappear if the tractor is shipped. The tractor looks AWESOME!

AMC RULES

:woohoo: Dual ags rule!  :text-woo: