Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

Deestone Tires

rustbucket

for all you out there with GT-14's and such looking for a tire to work on the rear i give you Deestone tires.

http://www.deestone-tires.com/Deestoneproduct.php

sure its from Thailand but hmm they make ag's to fit where i cant find the right kind made here in the states.

glenn27

Have you gotten them yet? How dod they work out? Did you mount them tubeless? :hide:

rustbucket

havent gotten any yet but i did see they make the style ag i been looking for to put on my GT-14 for ever. just happened to fall on their site when i saw a set mounted for sale on epay. i'll keep you all informed when i get a set and have em mounted.

KyBlue

ill stick to carlisle... i know where they are made...in the US ..

rustyoldjunk

the thing is Scott,its very tough to find the 15 inch rubber in ag style for tractors like the GT14 or the 1054,953 tractors.i will always buy made in USA too if possibly but just finding the 15's in ags is a trick in itself.

Nick

I looked around the Deestone site but dont see ags in 15" just the loader/industrial treads. The tires they have look kind of like what Greenball imports and sells.

rustyoldjunk

thats what i get for assuming lol.i just figured they were in there,i hadnt had a chance to look yet.i have been looking all over and havent found the ags in the narrower 8 or 8.50 15's that i would like for the GT14 and now i would like to find some in the even narrower 6 inch or so size for the 1054,i also have a couple of other tractors that use the 15 inch ags.you can find them in super wide 12.50 or 15 inch but finding the narrower ones is another story.

Nick

Yea the 15 ags are hard to find but I havent looked since I sold the C-195. Several years back I did buy a set of Goodyear traction implement Sure Grip ags for the 1054. They were just a little taller than stock but closest I could find. At that time I had just over $85 each in them with tubes. Just looked for them and it appears goodyear ag is part of Titan tires now. :hide:

I forgot to mention if you cant find them I could ask the tire shop down the street where I got mine. On most things they have fair prices.

Titan/Goodyear tire links:

6.7-15 tire

5.9-15 tire

5.0-15 tire

This is what they looked like on the 1054. Sold the tires/rims to Jerry in VA.

scoop1054.jpg

rustyoldjunk

thanks Nick thats valuable info for myself and friend of mine also who has been searching hard for the 15 inch ags.i will save the info and pass it on to him.

ol550

Don't rule out Miller Tire. :hide: I have a pair of the Good Year traction implement on a GT-14, The wheel is too wide for the 6.70 15 but I think it would look better on a 953 or 1054. Planning to order the 7.60 15 American Farmer and swap. :D Mike

Nick

Miller tire has some hard to find tires but they might be a bit pricey. I saw those american farmer tires on there site, the manufacturer says the tires are made in the USA. I doubt you can order direct but this is the company website. Specialty tires of America