378Pete

Paint opinions and possibly some convincing!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

In my opinion, do it the way your daughter wants. Its for the both of you to enjoy together. When she gets older and maybe doesnt follow the hobby anymore then dad, ( you ) can break it down and repaint it regal red. Who cares, enjoy the time together, dont let patina, pashimna get in the way of quality time. Way later down the road, redo it again, the correct colors. Give you something to do later. Best of luck, be interesting to see what happens.

Glenn

• Like 2

378Pete
2 hours ago, N3PUY said:

Every time I redo a horse I do it my way ..... sometimes it doesn't look so good.

IMG_5438.JPG.d6eb483a1f5de56ec1e697bdd12

Oh my! Thanks for posting, that took courage......lol

• Like 3

Brian01

Naw, just took a couple cans of blue spray paint..  :lol:

AlwaysLookin80
9 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

In my opinion, do it the way your daughter wants. Its for the both of you to enjoy together. When she gets older and maybe doesnt follow the hobby anymore then dad, ( you ) can break it down and repaint it regal red. Who cares, enjoy the time together, dont let patina, pashimna get in the way of quality time. Way later down the road, redo it again, the correct colors. Give you something to do later. Best of luck, be interesting to see what happens.

Glenn

I agree with this post here. My daugher is almost 4 and loves tractors. She wants a pink one. Color can always be changed but the quality time and memories you make are what's important and can't be replaced.  You can also buy another tractor for her and do that one first. Either way like i said it's just paint. 

image.jpeg

This one is not mine but is how my next one will look for my daughter 

• Like 3

Save Old Iron

a few clicks in paint.net with a forum photo

teal sub.gif

red sub.gif

teal sub2.gif

Edited by Save Old Iron
  • Like 7

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:     The teal and white looks great.            :twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

RedRanger
6 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:     The teal and white looks great.            :twocents-02cents:

:text-yeahthat:

I like it.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:       :omg:  

:no:

Save Old Iron
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

+1

agreed

looks very classy

• Like 1

Ken B

I would be willing to bet ya that if the Ponds didn't copy International Harvester on their paint choice of red and they chose Teal instead we would all love it, and of course we wouldn't know the difference... In the pics Old Iron posted I think it looks better all Teal with white rims only... I bet ya my Hot Rod Suburban would look pretty Bad to the Bone in Teal with some chrome rims....:eusa-think:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

...or, not.   :wacko:

wrightorchid

I think they look great in most colors except green with yellow....I've seen some great ones in pink, violet purple, and turquoise.

Brian01

Just think how hard it would be to keep that teal and white clean.