WNYPCRepair

LED headlight upgrade

WNYPCRepair

I bought these off Amazon. Cheap, but they are still better than the original headlights. I wanted something that would fit in the same holes. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UYMRNOU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

IMG_9069.thumb.JPG.24a6a8889131221229e3e

Made a little U shaped bracket, welded the light brackets to it, screwed it to the headlight support. Original wiring intact.

IMG_9070.thumb.JPG.eb47f5b7a3d3dfe6e390a

IMG_9071.thumb.jpg.44e28976377f66e6db002

My light meter on my phone showed 792 Lux with the originals, 185944 with the new ones.

• Like 6

DougC

That's an amazing difference.  Well worth the price! How do you think they would work / look on the roof of a :wh: cab?  

WNYPCRepair

That's an amazing difference.  Well worth the price! How do you think they would work / look on the roof of a :wh: cab?  

Probably great, the mounts they come with are designed to mount on a bumper or roof. 

They were only $18 a couple of days ago. Mine came postage due, so the seller had to give me a $9.75 credit. :) 

image.thumb.jpg.4aa1cba43f52b10abc070d8eimage.thumb.jpg.ce5ec645334ea9c8fc4b1032

• Like 3

DougC

Oh, I like the way the light is focused. You got those mounted  perfectly. Do they seem to be made relatively weather proof  in your opinion?

WNYPCRepair

Oh, I like the way the light is focused. You got those mounted  perfectly. Do they seem to be made relatively weather proof  in your opinion?

They say waterproof, and they look like they will hold up to normal weather

fireman

If anyone has an older Wheel Horse that uses the standard 1156 bulb for headlights, I highly recommend these L.E.D. bulbs as a replacement.

Sylvania Zevo Super Bright LED bulbs

They are a direct replacement, draw far less current, and are many times brighter then the standard bulb. I just put a pair in John Deere 318 which has 3 bulbs across the front. I  only bought one pack and replaced the two outer ones. When I backed the tractor outside at night and turned on the headlights, you could easily see the vast improvement from the two new bulbs over the old middle bulb. Definitely worth the $25 in my opinion.

10997690_syl_1156ledbp2_pri_larg.jpg.d31

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Looks good! Brightens things up for sure.

Retired Sparky
On 11/20/2015 at 5:52 PM, DougC said:

Buddy, I think they'd look sweet.   :lol:

On 11/21/2015 at 10:14 AM, fireman said:

If anyone has an older Wheel Horse that uses the standard 1156 bulb for headlights, I highly recommend these L.E.D. bulbs as a replacement.

Sylvania Zevo Super Bright LED bulbs

They are a direct replacement, draw far less current, and are many times brighter then the standard bulb. I just put a pair in John Deere 318 which has 3 bulbs across the front. I  only bought one pack and replaced the two outer ones. When I backed the tractor outside at night and turned on the headlights, you could easily see the vast improvement from the two new bulbs over the old middle bulb. Definitely worth the $25 in my opinion.

10997690_syl_1156ledbp2_pri_larg.jpg.d31

I concur.  I replaced a set of 1157's with the Zevo super bright LED"s  Works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    B)

• Like 1