Cole J.

Hey I'm new to this forum

rjg854

That's one fine looking machine :handgestures-thumbupright:

Cole J.

Thanks for the help ,welcome and comments. I'm hoping that it will look even better than it dose now just waiting for spring.

Phil854

Just seen this thread looks like you have a great project there. Painting is tough just have fun with the project and do the best you can. Take your time (Iv'e learned that the hard way)

WELCOME to :rs:

I love to vacation down in your neck of the woods  enjoy and keep us posted

Cole J.

Yeah I'm definetly not rushing through painting that something i don't want to fix. 

grine_22

When you get ready, how are you going to paint it, spray gun or rattle cans? 

Cole J.

Initially I was going to do can but my dad said his boss will let us use his gun so I suppose we will do that which is what I was wanting to do because that usually seem to be better looking. 

Cole J.

It been a while since I have given a status report on how I have been doing but it really isn't much, just if it wasn't so cold I would do something but anyway I have it stripped down to almost nothing and need to pressure wash it again before primer and paint goes on I had to fabricate a few new pieces. One was the front axial support pin, I don't know whatever you call it.

Then the amp meter plate because it was broke in half. 

grine_22
4 minutes ago, Cole J. said:

It been a while since I have given a status report on how I have been doing but it really isn't much, just if it wasn't so cold I would do something but anyway I have it stripped down to almost nothing and need to pressure wash it again before primer and paint goes on I had to fabricate a few new pieces. One was the front axial support pin, I don't know whatever you call it.

Then the amp meter plate because it was broke in half. 

Did u get a new amp meter plate made already?

Cole J.

I also have a question, on the back of the tractor is a little rod of some sort that sticks out past the back pan, when I toke the pan off the rod wasn't connected to anything and didn't look like it had a place to go. What is this? 

IMG_20160214_161437.jpg

russellmc301

to me looks like a hitch pin that hold the hitch in place.:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

Cole J.

IMG_20160214_161505.jpg

This one wrong pic sorry my phone is being stupid. The first one is the axial pin

grine_22
2 minutes ago, Cole J. said:

IMG_20160214_161505.jpg

I believe a more experienced member will chime in but I believe its the lift mechanism going to the hitch.  A cable slides through that small pipe and attaches to the hitch and the front goes to the lift handle on the tractor. 

Cole J.
11 minutes ago, grine_22 said:

Did u get a new amp meter plate made already?

Yes I don't have a picture, I couldn't find it I made it a while ago. My organization is terrible I need to regroup everything 

2 minutes ago, grine_22 said:

I believe a more experienced member will chime in but I believe its the lift mechanism going to the hitch.  A cable slides through that small pipe and attaches to the hitch and the front goes to the lift handle on the tractor. 

Hum could be I'm not sure if that would work though because it dead ends to the shifter box I would have to look at it again 

grine_22
14 minutes ago, Cole J. said:

Yes I don't have a picture, I couldn't find it I made it a while ago. My organization is terrible I need to regroup everything 

Hum could be I'm not sure if that would work though because it dead ends to the shifter box I would have to look at it again 

The picture of the shifter flipped on me for some reason, but the cable drops underneath the panel and goes to the lift lever on my tractor. 

KIMG0203.jpg

KIMG0205.jpg

Cole J.

All right I will look to marrow maybe that could be since i dont even have a manual shift box it hydrostatic. I will look at that.

Racinbob

That cable connecting to the slot hitch runs to the lowest hole on the lift arm rock shaft. It does indeed run through that tube. :)

Cole J.

That's weird because I don't have that type of hitch, well I suppose it could be interchangeable 

Racinbob

I suspect you have a drawbar hitch like this based on not having a cable

drawbar.jpg.24e760baefa4dd0f9292424e9e07

slot hitch

slot.jpg.ff5f37fb16c8e505c296c93fe9cc13d

clevis hitch

clevis.jpg.a34ca992cdcaf7c628487f00e938f

:)

Cole J.

Yeah I have a drawbar 

Cole J.

Here is the amp gauge plates the new one is slightly off center but other than that it turned out good I had to Make the old one flat to get a good measurement 

IMG_20160215_105428.jpg

• Like 2

Retired Sparky

I've had pretty good luck with NAPA belts.  B)

Cole J.

All right that's good to know thanks

russellmc301

Cole i have that kind of tube thing on a 14 8 speed and i never investigated it now that i think about it.

next time ill see what it is.

Cole J.

Well I finally got the steering wheel off the shaft it wasn't as hard as I thought, just a lot of PB Buster.

jcp0420

On 11/20/2015 at 6:42 AM, Cole J. said:

What do you guys use for cleaning plastics like the knobs and handles?

Project looks great. Keep up the hard work on making it your own!

And on the cleaning process.....once you get them cleaned up, to keep the shine use a tire shine product.  Spray onto a microfiber and wipe it onto the knob. Make sure its wet and just let it dry.  It will keep the knob from getting dirty and will keep the shine on it.  Any of the plastics it will work, just don't use it on the seat.