Jeff.f

My 654

Jeff.f

Not sure that's enough HP

some nice kohlers tho, I Like the 9.5 , around $550 tho!  It's on my short list!

image.png

AMC RULES
Does look like a good buy on that Lifan though.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Brian01

For $550 you could buy a decent, complete restorable round hood. 

Just sayin' ;)

Edited by Brian01
  • Like 1

Jeff.f

Im leaning towards the Lifan,, unless some unknown windfall finds me soon!   Come on 7 come on 11

• Like 1

Jeff.f

Guess I should have posted a pic of where I found it,, it had sat in the same spot in this shape for probably twenty years, never moved,, only thing touched was the cover in the motor , but no one knows when that happened!
C367E94D-423A-4C81-B5CD-58D1C0B0B743_zps

• Like 1

Pullstart

That Lifan looks similar to the Predator, another rip-off of the Honda GX builds.  I have a few of the Predators and I can't complain, but the 6.5 horse didn't fit under my 502 hood without modifications, just so you know.  That's a sweet Chevy!

• Like 1

Jeff.f

That Lifan looks similar to the Predator, another rip-off of the Honda GX builds.  I have a few of the Predators and I can't complain, but the 6.5 horse didn't fit under my 502 hood without modifications, just so you know.  That's a sweet Chevy!

Thanks  The Chevy is a blast!

I ordered the Lifan,,  Life is to short to worry about the small things!  I can sell it to someone else later if I find something better!

Jeff.f

Solved most of the problems I know of!
A combination of things that probably both made my Dad sell it for lack of desire to see whats wrong ( He had his own mower!) and also kept it from getting used for the thirty years it set after!
The Woodriff key was gone, the pulley was loose on the shaft and ruined,, showing someone tried to make it go and lastly, the spring broke, where it was,, this was just to much!!!   LOL
 It was hard to push till I got the brake released, now it rolls around like silk!  It's On jack stands now with the front wheels and tires at the store getting new rubber!
Got a new drive belt today,, I hope The motor sets close to the original location,,It may have to be moved back a bit to clear the front grill,,???  not sure yet!  may tilt it slightly back as well, to help with clearance problems!
I found a small spot on the back tires that will cause me to replace them as well,, but they will be fine till spring so I can finish it and play a little,, Maybe find a snow plow too!

wheel H 1.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut
:twocents-02cents:  That cast aluminum pulley isn't likely to hold up very well.
  • Like 1

clip

Jeff, that 41 Chevrolet looks a LOT like my 41 Dodge WC12! Another no frills flat-fendered 4wd beast. I think yours is in quite a bit better shape though!

Jeff.f

Thanks clip!

953 nut ,, I'm guessing your right, it was a quick fix at best but I wanted to get a standard sized pulley for it first, and thats what I found!

• Like 1