tcurrent

Blower for 1975 C160

tcurrent

Picked up a nice original 1975 C160 last weekend.  It came with a 42in deck and plow but would like to add a blower for winter.  Can anyone help me locate the right blower for an auto with hydro lift?  Located near Milwaukee.  thanks all!

20151108_150246.jpg

20151108_150206.jpg

20151108_150227.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES
Congrats, good looking :wh: . 
   :WRS:

Racinbob
:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

Any blower for a 1973-2007 C, 300, 400, 500 series will hook right up. Same for the B series up to 1977. They have the front tach-a-matic. Being an auto with hydro lift has no bearing.

tcurrent

Thank you!  That is really helpful!!

tcurrent

Could you tell me if this looks like it would work?  He says it came off a 76 C120 but he can't find a model number on the blower.  The connections just look different than others I have seen so I want to confirm it will fit the C160 before making the drive.  He is asking $300.  Others I have seen seem to be in the $150 range.  What is a fair price on these?  Thanks for helping a newbie!

00000_1PBTqfRrknl_600x450.jpg

00I0I_19gUGxlHEpv_600x450.jpg

00g0g_bb2tW9JaKVF_600x450.jpg

Racinbob

That would hook right up. It looks complete including the 'flag' on the lift arm. That seems a bit rough for that kind of money. You may have seen an older model that bolted to the frame instead of utilizing the front hitch. That's probably the same model I had for my 76. :)

tcurrent

Thank you!  What would you offer him?  I would have to drive about an hour and a half each way for pick up.  He said the chute adjustment cable was replaced 2 years ago and it is in great functioning shape.

Racinbob

Well, that's hard to say. Tis the season where snow attachments are at their highest. I'm thinking $150-$200 but I haven't watched the prices on snow attachments for quite some time. How about some other opinions guys.

gwest_ca

That snowthrower as it sits is likely 37" wide. If it had the extension wings on the front it would be 42" which is what you need if you want to turn a bit.

Garry

DougC

That snowthrower as it sits is likely 37" wide. If it had the extension wings on the front it would be 42" which is what you need if you want to turn a bit.

Garry

I agree. I was going to ask if the extension wings were included. I have a 1978 blower that is identical and the ID #s are 86-42ST01-04253 all parts should be the same for both blowers.  If it has just been refurbished ( new bearings, chain, gears ect. and the auger is in good shape )  I guess you could buy a cheaper blower and end up putting $ into it like I did.  It's a hard call.  Make sure you see and hear it operate before you buy...............

can whlvr

i agree that seems to be high on price,all the blowers i have bought that looked like that one needed lots of work,new bearings,shafts,sprockets,idlers,chain,belts and pu;;ies,it adds up when you have to totally rebuild them,so definatly try to run her and listen to the bearings,if they sound gritty,not smooth keep that in mind

DennisThornton

In my neck of the woods it's hard to do better than $150, most around $200 but some higher.  I'd have to see a really nice one to want to give $300 for it.  Nicer than what you uploaded.  But if it has new bearings and chain and would come down a bit...  Or keep looking, but not for long!

tcurrent

He came down to $200.  Going to get it tomorrow.  Hope I did ok!

can whlvr

200 is fair if its in half decent shape,theres allways something to do on older stuff when we purchase it,thats the fun of the hobby ,usually but not allways,goodluck